Alvarez chuckled, "Sure thing. Take care of yourself, alright?"

Damien smiled and then hung up, slipping his phone into his jacket.

They were already in the living room now and he faced his mother again squarely this time, and smiling he pulled her into a much proper hug this time, amidst her laughter. He also placed a light kiss to her cheek as he looked her over, asking how she was.

"Now you're here, I'm much better." She smiled, helping him take off his coat and then lowering herself on a couch nearby.

Damien laughed, "Right, of course." His eyes swept the room and then he turned to his mother. "Where's Layla?"

"She's not home. She had somewhere to go with her friends. She's going to throw a fit when I tell her you came over."

"Ah, I guess I'll see her next time then." He replied laughing.

After they had talked for a while, his mother asking about work and his health, he waited for her to ask what he knew she wanted to ask him for a while, but she finished talking and he didn't hear the questions he was waiting for.

"Oh mother, come on. Enough with the disguise." He finally said, "I know you want to say something. Go ahead." He chuckled, rolling his eyes.

"Well, if you insist." When they were both done laughing, she continued, "I overheard you talking to Alvarez on the phone, and I heard you mention London. Is this still about Madison?"

Sighing, he relaxed into his chair and slowly recounted all that had happened and the things his private investigator had discovered. When he was done, he faced her, "Remember I'm going to London, well all these things I just told you are the main reasons why I need to go to there. There are still a lot of things that don't make sense to me. There's more to know, more to discover and I know that after I'm done digging into the past and getting my answers, everything would make more sense. Maybe then I'll be at ease."

"You are right son. I just hope you get the answers to everything you are looking for."

"I pray mother." He said, and his gaze moving from his mother's face to the floor, a lump formed in his throat as he added, "There's more..."

She frowned, "What is it? Go ahead, son. It's okay."

Damien took a deep breath, "It's a somewhat shocking news."

"Talk to me son." His mother urged again as he paused and taking a deep he finally said, "From the investigations that were carried out, there is proof that Madison... Madison had once been pregnant."

A gasp escaped his mother's lips as she placed her hand to her chest, "Oh my goodness! T-that's... that's quite unexpected. Are you sure?"

Damien nodded painfully, "Yes, and I just need to know so much about that. I need to find out if the baby was mine, or if she really cheated on me and had someone else's child."

His mother gripped his hand firmly, rubbing it in circles as she tried to comfort him, but Damien just shook his head and removed her hands on his wrist.

He didn't have the time to get all emotional again, and smiling a bit he said a bit defiant, "That's why I have to go. There are so many things I need to know. I also plan on interrogating the rest of the Connors and als—"

"No!" His mother cut in, shaking her head, "I've been meaning to say this when you told me you were going there, but I decided to think about it before saying a thing and..."

"What are you talking about mother?" He questioned, his brows raised and she continued, "No, no. I forbid it. The last person I want you talking to is Mr Connor. We both know firsthand how dangerous and ruthless he is. I don't want you anywhere near him. I know you need answers, but can't you just talk to Madison and get all you need to know. Leave that damned man alone please."