For the first time, I wanted him to say yes. God, please say yes.

His tone turned dreadful, and my hope fell with it. Another curse came from him. "I was leaving the hospital, and I saw Kimberly in the parking lot and...listen man, she's fucked up. Bad. You need to—" That was it.

That was all I needed to hear.

The phone tumbled to the floor as I shifted this motherfucker into gear.

I broke every rule ever established as I sped to the hospital. My foot slammed on the gas pedal until I could damn near feel the ground. I had to will myself to retain some type of control to get to her.

I heard too many horns to count as I jumped lane after lane to get back. An abundance of curses spilled from my shaky lips as I dug my heel into the gas pedal even harder than before, if possible.

Luke said that she was hurt. Bad.

Someone fucking hurt her.

And, I knew exactly who it was.

Rage gripped every ounce of control I thought I had. The fight was off, everything was off.

Once I had my hands on this fucker, everything was out the door. No rules, no guidelines, or relent. I was going to kill him with my own fucking bare hands.

He was watching her, watching us. He waited until I wasn't there, to attack her. Instead of going after me, he went after a defenseless girl.

My girl. That motherfucker hurt what was mine.

Fuck me. I couldn't stomach it. The thought of her in pain right now, because of me...It was all because of me.

I tried my hardest to push back the images of Kacen's corpse, but when it came to the reminder of how I lost the only person I'd ever found life, purpose, love in...fuck.

I couldn't add Kimberly to the first list. I couldn't lose her, too. I couldn't.

I swerved into whatever fucking parking spot I created. I didn't give two shits right now. I didn't care about anyone, or anything except her.

I ran into the hospital so fast, my lungs burned and ached under the pressure, but I didn't let it stop me. I couldn't let anything stop me from reaching her as soon as possible.

I rushed toward the first receptionist I saw. I was so distraught that I never even thought to ask Luke for the room number.

The shocked woman looked up at me with a gasp as I slammed my hands onto the desk. "Kimberly."

Her widened eyes stared back at me. "I-I'm sorry?"

My fingers clenched the edge of the desk until my nails dug into the material. "Kimberly Wrighton." My words were more growl-like than actual words, but I got them out, nonetheless.

When I saw the hesitation in her expression, I had to urge myself to stop from throwing her goddamn computer into another country.

Before the temptation won, she began to type.

After what seemed like forfuckingever, her skeptical eyes met my mine. "Are you a parent or—"