Chapter 8

I know it's been a long time but we are here now and soon my brother will pay for what he has done but until then we will rebuild what was lost one brick at a time let the festivities begin and so they did well into the night.

We have so much to catch up on don't we Merlin said his words slurred suddenly feeling very tired he just wanted to sleep tomorrow I promise Merlin said he never felt this tired in the night it was only 9:00 at night

King Balinor, Queen Hunith Sir Gwaine Sir Lancelot and Sir Percival also found Merlin's behavior off. When Merlin made it to his room almost instantly he collapsed onto his bed. The next morning Balinor couldn't wake his 18 year old son he fell to his knees at Merlin's bedside Sire Gwaine spoke bowing respectfully as any knight would their King. His cape of blood red the cape of Camelot was replaced with a blue one the sigial that of a dragon the wings of an owl wrapped around the hilt of a sword after all he was always a knight of Vernum.

What is it Sir Gwaine? King Balinor asked through tears I found this in Merlin's goblet Gwaine said handing his king Merlin's goblet with shaking fingers the king pulled out a folded piece of paper.

Balinor I know more or less your son is back in Vernum did you really think I wouldn't find him always the optimist I have eyes and ears in the sky hope your son will like what's coming to him. M

P.S Brother the clock is ticking tick tock.

MALIK!! King Balinor growled angrily scrunching the paper into a ball thank you Gwaine that will be all King Balinor said as the Knight made his way to Merlin

He stood admiring the warlock for a long time before he placed a hand on Merlin's forehead immediately drawing it back Sire was he this cold when you found him? Gwaine asked his king as his eyes widened in fear as Balinor quickly drew his hand off Merlin's forehead. Oh No I'll be right back Gwaine said before he disappeared. LANCELOT!!! PERCIVAL!!! Gwaine shouted in a panic What Lancelot said in sharp annoyance but that quickly changed when he saw the tears in his eyes It's M..M... Merlin he's as cold as death itself.

No not again Percival said you know what this is what my older brother did to my son the three knights eyes dropped down to the floor I'm afraid sire we do Lancelot Percival and Gwaine said as Lancelot and Percival played with their owl shaped broach of their blue capes while Gwaine bit his lip it happened few years ago maybe two when Merlin was... How old is he now? Lancelot asked he's 18 now the king replied Lancelot tried to continue but no words came out so Gwaine continued.

You're son Sire he's too selfless for his own good he jumped in front of Percival when he was trying to save some children The Dorocha taking him

But we closed the rift how could The Dorocha come back? Percival spoke it's not a full Dorocha it's the poison from the Dorocha harnessed before we managed to close the rift Gwaine answered

Queen Hunith you watch Merlin while we go and try and save your son Lancelot said Hunith nodded as the group made their way to the lake in which Merlin had been healed the first time.Gwaine quickly filled the water skin before stuffing it into his saddle bag.

In Balinor's head he could hear the voice of his older brother. Brother the clock is ticking tick tock.