Chapter 2

Rise and shine! Merlin said throwing back Prince Andrew's  curtains can't you think of anything new to say Andrew asked What? Replied Merlin every morning it is the same thing said Andrew. Merlin's cover up was a servant of two Master's Prince Andrew Pendragon who should have been the rightful ruler of Camelot and King Arthur Pendragon Andrew Pendragon was many things but a morning person was not one of them.

Oh I'm sorry how about... Merlin thought for a moment. Shake a leg! Up and at 'em! Let's have you lazy daisy! Merlin were you at the tavern with Gwaine again? Andrew asked taking in Merlin's appearance but Merlin didn't answer as another memory flashed through his mind.

And what of my father? Merlin had asked one of his knights I don't know sire Sir James said before another added we don't even know if he's alive we don't even know if he made it out this knight was Sir Andrew as the one sentence he spoke before he left his father under his orders. He better come back he promised me he'd make it back to me he promised me he'll make it out alive.

MERLIN!! MERLIN!! Andrew shouted shaking him gently until his eyes blinked and the flashback ended. Not wanting the Prince to see him cry he ran out of his room crashing into Lancelot as Merlin did so.

I'm sorry Lancelot Merlin said wiping the tears from hy cheeks hey it's alright the knight said holding the younger boy in his arms I'm pretty sure I hear one of the Pendragon's. At this moment he preferred Prince Andrew and luckily it was him and not king Arthur the Prat he was.

Merlin bowed keeping his gaze on the floor Sire Merlin said Merlin are you okay? The Prince asked. Fine yes fine Merlin said I'm giving you the day off Prince Andrew could tell there was something wrong with the young boy hopefully this would cheer him up. Thank you Sire Merlin said with a wide smile just as the Prat shouted his name MERLIN! Andrew sighed Merlin just couldn't catch a break could he Merlin was right his Nephew was a Royal Prat. I'll deal with my Nephew while you enjoy the day off.

Merlin smiled before he walked out  the door but not before he quietly said thanks Clotpole and with that he was gone and Prince Andrew ended up in a laughing fit before he went to deal with his Nephew who was still shouting MERLIN! each shout growing louder.