Chapter 5

Balinor sighed and trudged back to Camelot he searched the entire castle and even asked Gaius but he was not there next he tried Ealdor which he reached by nightfall taking a horse with him. Hunith was busy crying on the chair beside the dinner table he let out a shaky breath before knocking on the door.

Hunith threw open the door about to scream at whoever was on the other side of the door to go away but before she could her eyes locked with the mans

Hunith looked at Balinor breaking down sobbing her knees buckled beneath her falling into his arms before she brought her lips crashing down to his the two broke apart as Balinor quietly whispered is Merlin here Hunith shook her head as she put her hands on either side of her king's face in her hands I left him and you three times once after the attack on our kingdom... That's where he is Merlin is in Vernum he's going to our old home Balinor said grabbing Hunith by the hand throwing her on the horse he had stolen from Camelot which happened to be Leon's before he swung his leg onto the horse in front of his wife he snapped the reigns Hunith wrapping her arms around his waist as the sped off like a shooting star.

The two reached the castle just as daylight broke when the two reached the kingdom of Vernum stopping his horse before helping his wife down from the horse as the two ran hand in hand into the castle which was surprisingly still standing almost like the war never happened but  everyone in the kingdom of Vernum knew that wasn't the case Balinor could still see the fallen Embers he could still see the fear in his sons eye's as he burst into the throne room letting them know that they were under attack.

He could still hear the clash of metal against metal as swords clashed. He could still hear the screams of his people.

He could still taste the smoke burning his throat. He could still taste his salty tears. He could still feel his son's arms wrapped tightly around him He could still feel his son's tears as they streamed down his face soaking the king's Royal clothes and hear his sons voice telling him to promise to come home after the kingdom was attacked.