"Of course. Bye then, have a nice evening! Bye Sam, wherever you are"

"Bye..." Sam said, trying to contain laughter, as I hung up.

"What was that about?" she finally laughed.

"What?"

"She seemed to know exactly who I am. Maybe too well."

"I don't know what you're talking about" I dodged the question, hoping it'd come out as a playful joke instead of trying not to admit I'd spent hours talking about her to Vic.

"Whatever" she said with a furtive look on her face. "What a shame you don't have a TV here, we could have had our first movie night here instead of at my place"

"Have you seen the size of this place? There's no way I could afford a television" I laughed. "I usually watch everything on my laptop"

"That will do, then"

We ended up snuggling on my couch while watching a movie on my computer screen, which was tiny compared to her television.

And I have to admit, it felt good. Like, really good. As if that was what we were supposed to be doing since we'd first met. I spent weeks dreading the day we'd have to cut ties with each other, so part of me still hadn't realized that maybe that wasn't going to happen anytime soon.

I was close enough to her to be able to smell the probably expensive shampoo in her hair, which was spread on my shoulder, and the sweet perfume coming from her neck. And to soon be able to notice she'd once again fallen asleep, or was about to.

"Hey, uhm..." I said, trying to understand if she actually was sleeping. "You can stay here for the night, if you want" I added, once I'd seen her blue eyes open.

The weird thing about my flat was that everything seemed to be smaller than I'd have liked it to be, except the bed.

It was already furnished when I started renting it, so I really had no control over it, but for some reason the bed was almost as big as a queen sized bed, occupying almost the whole bedroom.

"Yeah?" she mumbled, looking up towards me.

"Yeah, if you want. I know it seems insane but my bed's big enough, I think" I nervously chuckled.

"Okay then. Why not. I have to be at work at 10, but I think I'll manage to wake up by then"

"Definitely" I said. "Uhm, I have tons of shirts I could lend you if you wanna wear something more comfortable" I added, getting up from my lying position on the couch.

"You know I'm taller than you, right?"

"Of course I do," I laughed, heading towards the wardrobe in my bedroom. "Most of my shirts are oversized, though"

I got back to the living room with a few shirts seeing a sleepy looking Sam sitting on the couch with her legs crossed.

"Here" I handed them to her, trying to hide the fact that I was incredibly nervous and starting to regret asking her to stay over.

She'd probably stayed over an insane amount of people's houses for the night while I'd only ever slept in the same bed as Vic and my ex, who refused to have any physical contact because he was "waiting for us to get married".

What if she thought I was implying I wanted to do more than just kissing and that's why I asked? What if she tried to do stuff I didn't want her to do?

I shook all of those thoughts as I showed her the way to the bathroom, even if she would have probably been able to reach it without my help since I only had three rooms in the whole apartment.