Before I could think of anything else I felt Mei's lips pressing on mine. I breathed heavily as I pressed my lips on hers too. I could taste both our breaths, not sure where the alcoholic taste came from. Probably from both of us.

I parted my lips as I felt her tongue skimming on them, allowing it to slip inside. One of her hands cupped my cheek and the other one remained on my hip.

Everything felt great. Until I suddenly began to be aware of the situation.

It was as if I'd suddenly completely sobered up. Everything felt less blurry and painfully real. A cold sweat broke on my forehead as I jolted my whole body away from Mei's.

"I'm so sorry Mei, I just can't...I-" I tried to blubber.

"Uhm, did I- did I do something wrong?" she asked, looking extremely confused.

"No...no you didn't. I just- nevermind. I'm sorry. You didn't do anything wrong."

"So why-"

"I think I need some fresh air" I said, as my voice got shaky. "I'll go outside for a bit" I added, making my way through the crowd of people in the same room as us.

"Uhm, just text me if you need anything I guess" I heard Mei's voice from a distance.

The single moment of clear-headedness had already ended, everything was spinning and by the time I got out of the house I was gasping for air.

There were a few groups of people in the front garden but the only things I could hear were my heartbeat and the ringing in my ears. The only thing I could think of was Sam. The thought of her kept repeating itself in my head, no matter how hard I tried to think of something else.

Everything that happened after that was a complete blur. I know I somehow managed to call a cab, which cost me way more than I could afford. But I also couldn't really get on the subway in those conditions.

I had no idea of where the shirt I'd worn on the way to the party was, so I was basically half naked. And I really had no clue where I was. I felt dizzy and a bit nauseous.

Once I paid the driver and got off in front of my building I had the urge to see the person I couldn't stop thinking about. I wasn't thinking lucidly, I just knew I needed to see her. No matter what.

My body seemed to have walked up to her front door without me even being able to control it. I instinctively knocked on it, soon after finding myself face to face with Sam.

She was wearing a white t-shirt and black sweatpants, one of her hands was holding a half full glass of wine.

Her usually impassive, stone cold expression had turned into an extremely surprised, or better confused, expression.

I only then remembered what I was wearing. Or what I wasn't.

"What the hell, Ellie?" she questioned me, eyeing my figure from head to toe.

"I couldn't stop thinking about you" I said, throwing my arms around her neck and going in for a kiss. My lips pressed on hers for probably less than a second, as she immediately backed off.

"What the fuck? Are you drunk?"

"What? No, absolutely not" I said, trying to balance my weight by leaning on the wall next to the doorframe.

"You most definitely are" she scoffed, almost dragging me in her flat by my arm.

"Ooh, straight to the point. I like it" I laughed, placing my hands on her waist before a dizzy spell caused me to fall on the couch beneath us. "Oops" I kept laughing.