Luke was my usual training partner, but he needed the day to see his mother at the hospital. I understood, despite how annoyed I was after the day.

Levi was a cocky son of a bitch. We had been here since this morning, both inside and outside for the racing. As much as I missed Kimberly, I needed to train as much as possible.

"Hey, fucker," I heard from behind me. "No kiss goodbye?"

I groaned, slamming the locker shut. I wanted to hop in a cold shower, but I needed to get back to Kimberly as soon as possible. I was going the hell home.

My glare jerked over to Levi, who was still standing there. "The fuck do you want?" His hands raised in surrender.

A mischievous grin danced across the fuckers' lips. "I just wanted to say that I'm glad you're getting your shit together. You're going to knock those fuckers off their feet, but I don't mean just in here. I mean, with your girl, your mom, leaving this shit for Kimberly, you know, all that sweet shit..."

He scratched the back of his neck, a look of uncertainty passing over his expression. I expected him to continue, but I wasn't too shocked. The three of us didn't do sentimental.

That was enough for us, as cold as it sounded. Luke, Levi, and I met here, in the cages. Those two assholes helped me in ways I didn't think possible. They were my first real friends.

Of course, we beat each others' asses nearly every other day, but that didn't matter at the end of the day. We stood by, for, and with one another no matter what the hell we got ourselves into. They were my brothers.

I grunted, gripping my bag strap. "You done with the sweet shit now, or are you gonna suck me off, too?" Thank you, I couldn't have done this whole life shit without you, Levi.

His eyes glittered with amusement as he crossed his arms. I knew that he understood my version of thank you.

His head tilted at me. "Want me to call Kim? I can see your brick from here."

My eyes jerked over to him. "One, don't bring her name up, and two, don't give my girl a damn nickname." My glare didn't die as I stepped past him, bumping into his shoulder to knock him back a couple of steps. "And put a shirt on too, bitch. I can see your flabs from here."

I heard his chuckle from behind me, which I responded with a loud fuck you. I don't know where he got off with a nickname for my woman, but fuck no.

I glanced over every dusty inch of the cages as I made my way out. In just a couple of weeks, I would never see it, again. The place that practically bred me into the piece of shit I was.

I had no regret in leaving it. For Kimberly, it was an easy exchange. When it came to her, everything was.

As soon as I was outside, I pulled in a long string of fresh, clean air. It was cold as shit, especially without my jacket, but I appreciated it, nonetheless.

Over the past few months, I tried to appreciate everything that Kacen wasn't able to. Even as the grief threatened to drown me in its entirety, I tried to listen to what my mom said. We had to keep going.

I would have done anything to see him, and Kimberly meet. To see my favorite people with one another.

But, the best that I could do was hold onto my imagination. I loved her, so I knew that he would too. He loved everyone.