Chapter 55- Seeking human warmth

"Endymion no! Don't!"I shouted and rushed to stop him.

Before I could even grab the gun he shot her on the head.

My eyes widen as she collapses and blood comes out of her head.

Memories came rushing to me.

"I am going to get shot... Mother! Mother....mother..."I say and kneel.

Mother... I am scared...

Endymion reminds me of his father so much right now.

How his father pointed the gun at me. How his father killed Lisa... Endymion's crying face... Everyone panicking... No!No!

"No! Please stop this! No! Ah-"

The next second I was in Endymion's arms.

"Ah... Endymion...*sniffles*"

I am crying in front of him...

I buried my face in his chest and he was gently brushing my hair.

"I am sorry Rose... I didn't want you to get scared."

I don't understand. I should have been calm because this world is full of killing and mystery... But when I saw Endymion kill her right in front of me...

I trembled.

"Endymion..."I said and look at him in the eyes.

My hand moved on his own and reached for his cheek.

His eyes widen.

My tears can't stop.

I can't keep a straight face at all.

"I...I know you want to take revenge for having your precious spies killed but killing her was wrong!-"

He looked at me with a worried expression. He was at a loss for words.

"My...my father always taught me to kill or banish those who dare to oppose you...I had to do it... For my own survival and yours too. She could have escaped anytime she wanted using her talent and that would be the end of us."

I gasped and the tears stopped going down my face.

Yes... Endymion was raised in a very harsh way so it is logical to have this mindset. His morals are different... And now that I think of it , it is true that she could do the impossible if we let her go or trap her.

I wiped my tears with my other hand and looked at Endymion's eyes.

My hand is still touching his face...I am here... I am alive... I shouldn't be scared anymore. Endymion will protect me.

I can feel my shoulders relax.

I shouldn't do anything more...

I let go of his face and just hugged him back.

He must be having a hard time as well.

His allies...his spies...his friends died because of those monsters...

He isn't saying anything.

I should comfort him too.

I let go of him and look at him.

He seemed surprised but just smiled at me slightly.

Endymion...

"Your tears have stopped Rose. I am glad."

Ah... He is just so sweet right now. I am sure that is how he supports Lisa and more than that.

But she isn't here right now. So it is my job to comfort him.

I smiled gently and cupped his face with my hands.

His cheeks become warm.His arms are still around me.

"Endymion..."I said warmly and caressed his cheeks.

"Thank you for trying your best to protect us and yourself too. But killing should be the last option in your list of getting rid of someone. Nodd if you understand , Endymion".

He nodded still suprised.

"I know that it must be hard right now for you. It is hard for everyone. Your friends have died."

I started to move my fingers as if I am wiping tears.

"It is okay to show your emotions at moments like these. I am sure that you were taught the opposite. Try your best to be emotionless and distant.... Isn't that what you were always told?"

Endymion seemed desperate after listening to my words. His face changed immediately into a hurt, overwhelmed and angry one. One tear fell down his cheek. He clenched his teeth and avoided eye contact with me.His arms around me tighten and he placed his head on my chest as if he is seeking human warmth.

My heart can't take it to see him suffer.

I move my hands from his face and place them around his head. I held him close to me.

"Endymion, I am so sorry...You don't deserve this. You deserve happiness and ease of mind. You deserve...peace..."

I would like to tell him how much he means to me at this moment. How much I want to do anything in my power to protect his happiness. But....

I can't do it because of the book.

My heart aches.

So does his.

Cain must be also suffering right now. He has been kidnapped by master.

I wonder if Lisa has any idea of what is happening right now.

And ugh ... We should get rid of this body.

Having romantic moments while this body is here is so creepy...

Am I becoming like them now?

I signed.

To be continued...