Chapter Twenty-Four

"How many times do you think your mother is going to barge into the room because the door is closed?" I question as I scroll through Instagram.

"A lot." Jordan chuckles as he runs his fingers through my hair with one hand then with his other hand he's holding his phone. He lays down on the bed with his head by the headboard and his feet at end of the bed, while I lay on my back with my head resting on his stomach and my feet prop up so that they wouldn't hang off the bed. "She barged into the bathroom this morning and nearly shoved me on the floor to look in the the shower, she thought I was hiding you in there."

I scoff. "Why would you be hiding in the shower?"

"Remember that time when we was hiding in the shower together in the earlier days when you moved in, well, Liv saw the whole thing and outed us out at our parents at the birthday party we had for you and Spencer."

"Wow." I said feeling kind of embarrassed at the memory. "You should have mentioned her being in the hot tub naked with Spencer then."

"I was but I rather not remember that, bad enough I had to see it."

"Oh." I adjust my head so that I could see his face. "Was that before or after you rejected my confession?"

"Oh, my God. You're never going to let that go."

"Nope." I laugh as turn away from him and back at my phone. "I will never let it go!"

Jordan laughs but the moment is short-lived when his room door flies open and Mrs. Baker stands in the doorway with her hands on her hips. "Uh, I came to tell you that I'll be working late tonight."

"Okay." I smile.

"All right." Jordan drags out slowly.

Mrs. Baker cross her arms and ask, "Is this how teenagers date? Sit together while scrolling through social media?"

"Pretty much." Jordan and I say in unison.

"Okay, hm." She hums as she goes into her purse and takes her wallet out, she pull out two bills and set them on his bureau. "This is for dinner tonight, order something." She says as she starts to leave the room and she starts to close the door behind her but stops and push it open all the way. "Keep the door open at all times."

"Yeah, okay." Jordan agrees, we we fall into silence until we hear her heels clicking loudly against the steps then he starts laughing triggering me to laugh. "Yeah, she doesn't trust us to be alone together. Well, she doesn't trust me."

"She made that very crystal clear." I lock my phone and toss it at the end of the bed then sat up in the bed. "But she's right not to trust us alone."

"How? We're literally just laying here on our phone, enjoying each other company."

I threw a leg over him, straddling his hips but instead of sitting directly on top of him I stay upright on my knees. I lean forward to rest my hands on the side of his head, he stares up at me in surprise at the sudden act but then but then he drops his phone and rest his hands on my hips. He push my hips down so that I'm sitting directly on top of him, feeling just how aroused he had gotten in this moment. "I think this is why your mom doesn't trust us alone together."

One of his hands leave my hips and he grabs the nape of my neck and mutters, "She might have a point," against my lips before his lips combined with mine. My eyes closed on their own accord as I lose all awareness of the space around me, his lips mesh with mine in the best way, leading our kiss in the most erotic dance ever. I open my lips for him to slide his tongue with mine but when his phone starts to ring I pull away and sit up, he follows me and sits up so that we're chest to chest. "Just ignore it."