...maybe, even a family I have longed for.

   Yet, it is nice to have a friend in my civilian life too. A friend that I can talk with without needing a filter or pretending or flexing "my perfect name" too.

   Someone who is not forced to be here for the sake of money. Someone who wants to be here because they enjoy my company.

   I had Rosemary by my side as a personal servant and now she is scrubbing dishes in the kitchen. I need to find a way to meet up with her without arousing suspicion.

   "Then, it is settled," Alya confidently stated with an ecstatic smirk, "We shall be the best of friends."

   I stared at her in amazement for a moment before letting a big smile cross my face.

Of course, our bonding moment was interrupted when the room suddenly shook. A few items had fallen or rolled off of a surface. I immediately searched for the danger and nearly out of instinct transformed.

Yet, Alya was still present.

Alya rushed over to my windowsill and pushed back the curtains. A little bit of illumination flowed into the room. The world outside was cloudy and making it a gloomy day.

That was not the main concern though.

"There is an Akuma a few blocks down!" Alya quickly informed me. She rushed back to my side and guided me out of my bedroom.

"I have to get you to a safe place!" She added, "Where is a safe place to go during an attack?"

"Uh," was all I could say at that moment. My mind scrambled for a way of escape to go transform and fight the infected villain. There had to be some sort of excuse.

That is when my eyes landed on a storage closet we were passing by.

"This closet will do!" I told her, pointing at the storage room, "It will keep me safe!"

Alya paused. She skeptically glanced between the closet and me. Although, she seemed to be in a rush too (possibly to go make sure everyone else was alright). She growled and then went over to the closet.

"If you insist," Alya said, opening the door, "I shall return once the Akuma is defeated. Until then, by any means, do not leave this closet unless it is for an emergency. Understood?"

"Yes," I agreed with a firm nod.

"Very well," she said with reluctance.

I entered the closet and watched the ombré-haired woman close it. I gave her one last reassuring smile before the door fully closed. Once her footsteps could no longer be heard, Tikki flew out of my hair.

"Are you ready, little one?" I asked.

"Whenever you are, Marinette!" Tikki responded, enthusiastically.

"Tikki spots on!"

I transformed into my suit I have become familiar with. Then, I clutched the knob. An apologetic blanket wrapped around my mind.

"I apologize, Alya, but I have to leave the closet," I thought in my head, "Although, I suppose this does count as an emergency."

I left the room and jumped out the nearest window.

"I shall quickly return to the closet once the battle is over. That way, Alya will find me there. What she does not know will not hurt her," I assured myself.

"You seem to be in deep thought."

I gasped in fright and nearly missed the roof. The fox heroine winced at this and apologized for scaring me. How did she even get here so fast? It usually takes a little while for Rena to arrive.