Chapter Four | Grand Opening!

[Time skip to June 27th 1974 6:32PM. A day before the opening of Bon's Burgers and about a month later after Chapter Three.]

Sophie had just went home from school, with Jenny walking her home as always. "Bye Soph, I gotta help my mom with something!" Jenny said as she waved her hand and walked down the street to her house. "Bye Jenny..." Sophie replied with.

Sophie went inside and saw her dad and her uncle Felix in the living room discussing their business.

"Jack, I can't believe Bon's Burgers is opening tomorrow!" Felix said enthusiastically. "Yes, me too Felix." Jack responded with. "Have you set up the tables yet?" he added. "Yes, and the Showstoppers are being added to the stage by Susan," Felix replied.

Sophie walked over to Jack and said "Hey dad. Are you two discussing your robot restaurant?". "Yes we are sweetie, we're all gonna come there for the grand opening. You can bring your girlfriend Jenny too! She likes burgers right?" Jack said while smiling. "Alright pal, I gotta go do some paperwork. See ya around." Felix said. He then went out the main door.

[Time skip to 8PM of the next day.]

Sophie was in a deep sleep. She was dreaming about making out with Jenny. Again. Suddenly she felt like she was shaking. Her mother Rosemary shaked Sophie awake and told her to get ready.

"Get ready for what?" Sophie asked obliviously. "For the grand opening of your father's restaurant dear," Rosemary said. "It opens in 2 hours," she added. Sophie got out of bed and wore her Brighton '82 jacket just like she always does.

She went downstairs and saw Jenny, Edd and Molly sitting on the couch playing a board game. "Hey Soph! Wanna play this game with us?" Jenny said. "Jenny? What are you doing here?" Sophie asked. "Oh, I just came over 'cause I was bored. Plus, your siblings are really fun to play with." Jenny responded, while they were still playing.

Jack came into the room and said "Well folks, I'm gonna go to Bon's Burgers to fix some things before it opens up. Hope you all come for the opening!" enthusiastically. They all said goodbye to Jack.

Jenny pulled Sophie to her and said "Oooh Sophie! I'm so excited for your dad's restaurant opening! I wonder what the food tastes like..." while Sophie was thinking. "Hey uh, what do you think the Showstopper robot thingies will be like?" Sophie asked.

"It's crazy how there's robots in the restaurant! I bet they'll sing and dance!" Jenny replied happily.

Fast forward to 9:55. The family were getting ready to go to Bon's Burgers. Edd and Molly were chatting loudly and Jenny and Sophie were holding hands. "Alright, time to go everyone!" Rosemary announced. They went outside and saw Jack and Felix in their car to pick them up.

They got inside and went to the front of the restaurant. Jenny and Sophie were surprised to see a ton of people waiting outside.

"People, I am happy to announce the opening of Bon's Burgers!" Felix said while holding a mic. He then unlocked the restaurants doors. They all went inside and were stunned at how nice the placed looked.

"WOAH! Sophie, this place is insane!" Jenny said. "I wanna take a look at the robots! Please! Please?" Jenny added. Sophie chuckled and nodded. They walked towards the main stage and saw the Showstoppers, Bon, Banny, Sha, and Boozoo.

"They look so awesome!" Jenny said in amazement. Jack walked up to them and said "Sophie, why don't you take a picture with Bon?" Sophie reluctantly accepted. "Uhh, sure, I guess." Jenny took out her camera and Sophie got besides Bon. What startled her is how Bon posed for the camera.

"Say cheese!" Jenny then took a picture.

After some seconds, Jenny said "Aww Sophie you look so cute here!" while looking at the photo

After some seconds, Jenny said "Aww Sophie you look so cute here!" while looking at the photo. Sophie blushed and thanked her. "Wow Mr. Walten, the robot technology is great!" Jenny told Jack. "Thank you Jenny, our trusty head engineer Susan Woodings built all that! The future is now, eh?" Jack responded.

Jenny nodded and grabbed Sophie's arm. "Hey Soph, let's go eat some food here for lunch! I'm starving!" Sophie agreed and they went to order food.

After ordering, they both went to a table and started eating burgers and fries. "Mm, these fries are great!" Jenny said. "Uh-huh" Sophie replied with while picking at her food. Jenny noticed how Sophie looked down. "Hey Soph. Is everything alright?" Jenny asked, in a worried tone.

"Urmmm... I-I don't know. These robot things look kinda creepy. And I don't really like burgers. I'm just getting a really, really bad feeling from this place." Sophie said while looking at the Showstoppers, performing and singing on stage.

"Cheer up Soph! I'm sure you're just overthinking things. We're here to celebrate the opening of this restaurant!" Jenny said while chewing on her burger. "Sure, I guess..." Sophie responded with.