Chapter One | The Encounter

[Focus on Sophie]

Sophie wakes up for the first day of school, fortunately she did so before the alarm clock went off. She turned it off and went downstairs.

There, she saw her parents Jack and Rosemary both sitting in the living room. Jack was reading the daily newspaper, while Rosie was reading a book she'd just bought yesterday. Of course, Edd and Molly were still asleep, it was still 6 in the morning after all.

"Morning sunshine," said Jack. "Go take a shower and eat some breakfast, Sophie. You don't wanna be late for your first day at school right?".

Sophie went down to the bathroom to shower.

After a while, she'd finished and put on her clothes: some jeans, and a jacket that said "Brighton '82" with a shirt under it.

Sophie got a bowl and poured some cereal and milk in it, quickly munching away as she fears she would be late for school.

Sophie then puts on her backpack, and gets ready to go but then...

"Hey Sophie, you forgot something!" said Jack. Sophie sighed and hugged Jack and Rosemary.

"You're growing up so fast dear," said Rosemary. Sophie smirks and goes to school. She looks back at her parents and sees them waving goodbye.

Upon arrival, Sophie was amazed.
"Wow... This is a big school." She goes inside.

She walks around the hallways for a bit, trying to find her class.

While walking, she accidentally bumps into a girl with a freckled face and a multi-colored sweater.

"OH- I'm sorry... U-Uh are you okay..?"

Sophie properly took a look at the person. She saw a pretty woman who looks very polite. Sophie's cheeks turned a slight tint of red, she'd never saw someone as pretty as that girl. (Of course, besides her mother Rosemary).

"Oh, I'm fine! It's no worry, really!" said the girl in a non-serious tone.

Sophie sighs in relief, everytime she'd bump into someone at her old school, she'd usually get yelled at.

"Hey, do you know where class [ ] is? I'm, uh, kinda lost..." said Sophie.

"Sure! That's actually the class I was about to go to! Come on, just follow me, clumsy." she said.

While walking there, the girl asked a question; "Hey, what's your name?"

"Sophie"

"Sophie Walten..."

"Oh wow! Well nice to meet you Sophie! I'm Jenny!" the girl said with a happy voice once they were infront of the class doors.

"Uhmmm.. yes, nice to meet you too..." Sophie and Jenny walked into the classroom, looking for empty seats.

Just when they were about to separate, Jenny said "Hey Sophie! I found two empty seats besides each other. Let's sit besides each other!"

Sophie sat down in one seat and Jenny sat in the other. Jenny and Sophie talked to each other about their interests and likes, Jenny also sprinkled in a joke in the conversation every once in a while, making Sophie giggle.

Jenny and Sophie had started talking on the subject of their favourite things. They had a good time talking to each other.

"It's crazy! Can you believe it?" Jenny said. "Yeah, I know!" Sophie added.

"..."

"...Hey Sophie, do you wanna be friends?"

"...O-Oh uh.. sure!"