CONQUER

Jaune pov
We all woke up, ate some coconuts and boiled salty small crabs and clams for breakfast. Today is the day where we risk dying in trying to take over the beach. All of us knew this, some were excited, some were nervous and others just straight up wanting to die.We counted our small army, we have 14 archers, 40 people with pikes and 10 slingers who made sling shots with sharpened rocks and small clay balls and had shields and axes. We suited up and headed to the beach, a pack of grimm was roaming the beach then saw us, they screeched and roared as they came galloping towards us with a black wave coming behind them in the distance. Archers and people with slings in the back started to shoot and scattered the grimm around as the pikes was raised. The grimm ran into the sharp ends of our pikes and our slingers pulled out their shields and axes as they joined the front. I was in the front like everyone else holding the grimm off as our archers were mowing them down one by one. I slammed my axe into a grimm's head and raised my wooden shield in time to block a bear like grimm's paw that was about to smash my head sent me flying in the air and I felt a sharp pain on my left side and back as I crashed and rolled across the sand. My body was shaking as I got up, I looked up and around me. It was pure chaos, screaming, screeching, shouting and fighting all around me. The pure stench of blood and sweat filled my nose. I picked up my splintered shield and my axe up again and yelled out to everyone to group up and we ran back to regroup to gon back into the front in a wild frenzy of hacking into the grimm. The dumb grimm started to run away after they finally realized they were not gonna win. We all saw the grimm running and we started to cheer, as we sat and laid on the hot sand. Tired with scrathes and deep cuts on our bodies. We survived, we WON! However as most of the army cheered, Some of us started to chase the grimm.

Fellow survivor: DO NOT LET THEM LIVE! WE GONNA CHASE THEM!

Fellow survivor 2: THEY ARE TOO DANGEROUS TO BE LEFT ALIVE!

Fellow survivor 3: KILL THEM ALL!

Everyone that wasn't seriously injured started to chase down and killed any grimm that were slowing down. After they were done, we regrouped and checked on what we lost. We did killed a lot of grimm but our side got hurt bad, everyone had some form of a deep scar or a purple bruise on them. Some people lost a eye or a limb. 14 people died during the attack. We can't bury them right now, we needed to focus on building a a camp. At night we started building a camp with walls made out of trees we cut down. 10 people was watching for any more grimm packs. After 5 straight painful slow hours, we finally finished building the camp. We went to sleep for that day.

Morning
I woke up on the warm sands, I started waking up and stood up. I wiped and shaked the sand off me and I followed the smell of food. A group of people were cooking fish on a stick near the fire and were peeling some fruit gathered from the jungle. I walked around the poorly made camp, everyone was talking or eating food. I went up to one of the campfires to grab one of the cripsy skinned grilled fish and started to eat it. I heard the sasifying crunch and the salty flavor mixing with the fish. I went back to the campfire to grab and eat another. After I was done eating, people started to say to gather everyone and head outside of the camp. It was time to bury the people who died fighting the grimm to helped taking this beach. We covered the bodies with palm leaves and buried them under the sands that was near some cliff. Some people were crying, some stay silent while twitching in anger, most just watched as we buried the dead. Some people were getting rocks to chisel symbols onto the cliff. A symbol and words that all held a meaning, sacrifice for the living.

After the burial was done, there was a meeting about what to do next. However the real question was on our minds, the people who sent us on this hell of a island, why did they sent us here? They said something about a trial so the "trial" must be surviving but for how long? Maybe that isn't the objective of this "trial" is conqueroring this entire island. We just conquerored the beach so why not get started on conquering the entire island anyways? We would eventually have to go out from the beach into the other areas eventually to find more food and water. People started to disagree with the conquering idea, most of us are currently too hurt and we just conquerored the beach. After a long debate, we finally got to a agreement.

We won't rush the conqueroring idea but take it slow so we can heal and prepare for each area of the island. We dispersed after the meeting, I went to sleep in one of our huts.

A month later
We all got healed up, we are ready to take over area again. This time we got people who had huge wooden javelin spears. Our archers and slingers gotten better at aiming and shooting. We switched up our plans of attack for the jungle. Instead of a front line battle formation, we decided to use hit and run tactics with small squads of 5 before charging full force into the jungle.

We did a role call before we started to March to the jungle. I was in one of the squads that were going into the jungle. When we were fully in the jungle, we were on edge. The sound of bugs cluttering the air made the tension worse. We heard branches snapped and leaves being moved. We quickly hid in the bushes to see grimm passing by us. We were confused until we saw some kind of giant grasshopper landed in front of us as it crushed some poor grimm under it's huge throny legs. It looked around with it's giant eye balls but it didn't see us. It leaped off again to chase the grimm again. We ran back to the beach and told everyone what we sold. We all decided that the jungle was not a place to conquer but to entirely burn. We made a campfire and lit some dried logs on fire. We threw the burning logs into the jungle and watched the jungle quickly burning to the ground. I saw silhouettes and figures of grimm animals, plants burning in that jungle.

After that, most of us needed some time off and alone after seeing what we did.

2 month later
We invaded the plains and the forest areas. We shot down the giant flying grimm and burned down their nests and cleared out the forest. 5 of us got snatched off into the air and got shredded by grimm that flocked to them.

We marched 2 weeks into the frozen and the volcanic wastelands. 4 died due to frostbites or the heat.

A month later
We managed to conquer the entire island. We celebrated at the beach with fruit juice and a bunch of meat around the campfire. We laughed and singed songs in different languages. It was peaceful for once, I don't want this to end.

Meanwhile inside a hideout not far from the island......

Dr Jamison pov

They somehow conquerored the entire island! They should've died on that island! I am really impressed how they survived but CONQUERED as I watched from the montior. They didn't lose that many people! Only 23 people died, they did way better then seasoned huntsman with their creative leadership!  While I was being excited on how well the "parcipiants." I saw a humaniod shadow behind me reflecting off the montior screen.

???: Are they ready for the next "trial?"

Yes they are, we can use the funding by selling the island off to the schnee company to further accelerate the "process."

???: Good, we must make the "process" end soon as possible.

Then the shadow disappeared, I looked behind me to check if he is really gone and he was. I looked back to my montior and reached for my scroll. I dialed a call and waited for it to be picked up.

???: Hello this is Hale?

Hale it is time to bring the "parciptiants back."

Hale: Understood.