Chapter 2: Renovation? (rewritten)

Y/N's POV

As we finish UNO and I, being a pro, destroying everyone with +4 and +2's cards, I decide enough is enough and go out of the treehouse and relax at the pond. As I sit down, I notice the calmness of the water, slowly rippling from side to side. I also noticed a perfect looking rock next to me.

I of course decide 'hey, let's skip some rocks.' Then, I was starting pretty bad at first, but then slowly getting better and better. I even managed to skip the a 5 times! As I was continuing to skip rocks, Aubrey walks next to me, watching as I skip the rock 3 times. She then starts talking.

"Oh, by the way, we're gonna renovate our house, due to its structure being a little bad. Mommy said we can stay over at a friends house during the night, so who's house are we going to stay in?"
"I'm guessing probably Sunny and Mari's. You can go ask Kel and Hero, if you wanna go to theirs, but I'm going to two of the people I trust the most. Plus their house is very nice."

She then nods and decides to go sleep at Kel and Hero's. I was wondering that might be a problem because Aubrey and Kel bicker a lot, but she says she'll be good. I got up and went back into the treehouse with Aubrey holding onto my arm, as per usual.

I then go over to Mari and tell her what happened. She says it's okay but that they need to tell their parents first. I said okay and played another round of UNO against Omo-Sunny and Basil. Mari then called her parents and told them what's gonna happen. They were also fine and said I can stay over.

I hope nothing bad happens during our sleepover.

(314 words)