❀1 - ʟᴀɴɢᴜᴀɢᴇ ʙᴀʀʀɪᴇʀ❀

Start from the beginning

He led her towards his bedroom before he moved the door; Tighnari turned to face her and put a finger above his lips, gesturing Collei to be as quiet as possible. She only nodded and was soon greeted with the sight of a sleeping girl lying in his bed.

"...It's her. The one I saw in my dreams..." Collei muttered and stepped forwards to study your face better. Upon closer look, her stomach dropped as she saw you covered in minor cuts, scratches, and scrapes scattered across your body - some of them covered by gauze. It's a pitiful sight to see; she can only feel how her heart breaks into tiny pieces. Just how much did you suffer? She thought.

Countless times Collei jumped awake because of you, crying for help and screaming in agony, which she knew too well from her past. It reminded Collei of what she has experienced the cruel torture at the hands of 'The Doctor.'

She clenched her hand into a fist, trying to suppress the pain inside her heart, and looked at Tighnari with a sorrowful look. "What happened to her?"

Tighnari's gaze flicks to Collei, "I don't know, but I found her passed out near a river with no clothing. Her whole body is covered in cuts and scratches and is fortunately stable. However, I noticed something strange when I touched her throat to apply the bandage. Her vocal cords have been damaged, and my theory is it's from excessive amounts of screaming." Tighnari feels his smile fall and quickly clears his throat. "But her vocal cords should heal within six to eight weeks."

"Anyways, we should let her rest." Tighnari turned to Collei which she responded with a nod. "The medicine is already prepared for the next few days. So don't worry too much." He reassured the Trainee as he saw the worried look on her face.

"Thank you, Master. The girl is in good care in your hands. I will bring tomorrow some of my spare clothing." Collei smiled wholeheartedly at her mentor with fox traits. "Good night."

"Good night, Collei. Let us talk tomorrow about the strange dreams."

━ • ⋆ ✿ ⋆ • ━

It started with a cold feeling on your forehead - freezing water droplets slid past your temples and eventually ended up on your neck, which made you shiver - then came the distinct sound of chirping birds and other animals - and finally, the quiet grinding of something hard in a stone pot?

Your brows furrow as pain sets over your body, barely able to move without being the victim of discomfort. Slowly you crack your eyes open to check, and you catch a glimpse of...

...a young man with short green to dark hair and large fox-like ears?

Eh? Are you in a dream? What in the world... he looks like the new 5-star Dendro Character named Tighnari from Genshin Impact.

You raised a brow, didn't think anything of it, and chose to look around the room instead. The room consists mainly of wood, various plants and flowers stand neatly in the pot, and a large window brightens up the entire bedroom.

The sounds of rain and thunder you remembered are now long gone, with the remnants from the cabin's roof trickling down the sides of the building.

You look out the window, seeing gigantic trees and fantasy-looking birds. You swallow but wince at the pain. Your eyes blankly stare at the uncovered cuts and scratches along your body. Just what exactly happened to you?

You aren't given much time to ask yourself any more questions before the young man approaches with a gentle smile. "It seems you are finally awake." His soft voice immediately comforts you, and you can't help but give him a weak smile in return.

"Good morning. My name is Tighnari, Forest Watcher of the Avidya Forest. My duty is to preserve the rainforest's ecosystem and the safety of its visitors." Tighnari introduced himself. You start to speak but quickly realize precisely why your throat hurts.