Fool for You

loosely inspired by fool for you - zayn.

My profession is driven by great challenges. Important interviews with prominent people are the dream of any journalist with ambition. These opportunities are what make the effort worthwhile.

When Anita told me I was chosen to interview Cruella De Vil, however, all my ambition turned into complete terror. As my coworkers cheered for me, my heart was gripped by the fear of seeing those set of green eyes again after such a long time.

The world might see her as the incredible, revolutionary designer who defeated the baroness. For me, though, Cruella is still Estella: the only woman I have ever loved in my entire life. The only woman who broke my heart.

"Oh my God! Y/N!"

My bones were almost crushed with the greastet hug I have ever received. Horace threw himself onto me as soon as I opened the door to Hell Hall. I grinned as I noticed the donut crumbs on his black shirt and heard distant noises from a football match playing on a TV far away. He hasn't changed at all.

"Hey, mate!" I replied excitedly. "Long time no see, am I right?"

I heard quick footsteps coming in our direction and another familiar voice filled the room. "You're absolutely right!"

Horace and I were enveloped in a warm group hug by two long arms. It didn't take long for me to realize that Jasper was the one that held us even tighter.

"I missed you, guys." I said with a smile on my face as I let myself be carried away by the affection of my childhood best friends.

We used to be an unbeatable team. Four orphans with nothing to lose who found themselves by a work of fate. Jasper, Horace, Estella, and I became the most untraditional family of all, but the strongest tie I have ever had. My years in that abandoned warehouse were my happiest.

But nothing compares to the immediate connection I had with Estella.

The moment we met was one of those life-changing experiences, the kind you even remember how the weather was like. The flowers shone a little brighter than usual on that day, the sun warmed me in a different way. Looking at her for the first time was like finding home.

It was inevitable to fall in love with Estella once we grew up. It was natural, almost like taken out of a movie. I was sure of forever every time I held her hand, every time we loved each other at night. I was never so certain of something like my love for her.

The vengeful, evil woman she became is nothing like the Estella I fell in love with.

"We missed you too." Jasper said as we untangled ourselves from the hug. "I can't even remember when was the last time I've seen you."

"Two years. Ever since that night." I gave him a weak smile.

He scratched his head awkwardly. "Yeah, you're right."

When Estella decided to avenge her mother's death and defeat the baroness, she received my unconditional support. I knew how important her plans were for her, and I just wanted to see my lover smile again. I did not hesitate, not even for a second.

But the return of her black and white hair brought along fights, hostile words, coldness. The woman who treated me like a princess began to see me only as her servant. Her heart, filled with hatred and evil, could not see that such behavior was pulling us apart. I didn't even recognize her anymore.

Then, on a cold winter night in London, I made the decision to leave. I was sick of being treated like a mere slave, tired of witnessing the woman I loved turn into such a repugnant individual. My heart couldn't handle such pain.