Artie's Approval

"Is this really necessary, Artie?" I said as we were going up the elevator to the warehouse. "You already know Cruella, she's your friend."

"Of course it's necessary!" He dramatically replied, placing his hands on his hips. "You're my little sister, Y/N. If she wants to date you, she needs my approval first."

Ever since we met when we were kids, Artie always treated me like family. I have never met my biological relatives, so the idea of having a placebo big brother comforts me tremendously. He has been there for me for as long as I can remember, and I'm grateful for everything he has done to keep me safe. But, just like every other sibling, he can be a little overprotective sometimes.

Thereby, once he accidentally caught Cruella and I fiercely making out in the back of his store a couple of days ago, he made clear that he needed to have a serious talk with her if our "indecent rendezvous" were to keep happening in the long run. For some strange reason, Cruella gladly obliged to his request.

The biggest problem is that, in reality, I have no idea how to label our "indencent rendezvous". Ever since we met when she visited Artie's shop for the first time, my life turned upside down. Her eyes captivated me, her smile illuminated my day instantly. We connected right away, something I have never felt before. Estella talks to me about her love for fashion and brings me dinner, Cruella pushes me against walls and takes me over the edge. I already know I'm falling hard and there's no more going back. I want something more than just casual dates and hookups. Is it mutual, though?

"We're here!" Artie shouted as we exited the elevator.

"Over here, darling!" She shouted back. "I'm in the kitchen."

As we looked to our side, my jaw immediately dropped: the messy, simple kitchen shared by Cruella, Jasper and Horace was now cleaned, organized and decorated with some fancier artifacts. The old wooden table in the center was covered by a white silk cover, accompanied by a bottle of champagne, glasses, and porcelain plates. The lights were even somehow dimmed, only a few candles lighting up the room. It was quite beautiful.

"Impressive, right?" She stated with a playful grin on her face.

"You did all of this?" I asked while still looking around. "It's beautiful, Cruella."

"Well... I sort of coerced Horace and Jasper to do it for me while I was working." She scratched the back of her head. "But it was still my idea!"

"Of couse." I laughed along with Artie, rolling my eyes. "I'm not surprised."

"At least I bought us dinner!" She pointed to the take-out container still placed on the counter. "Chinese food. I know you like it."

"Thank you." I smiled shyly.

"Well, let's talk, shall we?" She said as we sat down on the table.

I took a better look at Cruella once we were finally settled. She was still dressed up as Estella, giving away she just got home from work. The red wig and adorable glasses make her look less intimidating than she usually is. What mostly caught my attention, however, was her nervous behavior: her left leg bounced restlessly as she kept playing with her fingers, she wasn't even making eye contact. Cruella was never nervous.

"Let's just get straight into the point, darling." Artie spoke, giving the other woman no choice but to look at him. "What are your intentions with Y/N, Cruella?"

"Really, Artie?" I irritably said, my cheeks burning from extreme embarrassment. I can't believe this is happening. "I'm not fifteen. What kind of cliché question is that?"

"Y/N, it's okay." Cruella squeezed my hand slightly, giving me a weak smile before turning her attention to Artie once again. "I can answer this question."

She closed her eyes for a moment, taking a slow deep breath as a way to calm down her nerves. I have never seen her like that before. What's going on?

"The two of you are aware that I'm not really good at this... feeling thing. Honestly, I don't even know what I'm doing." She chuckled. "The only thing I'm sure of is the way she makes me feel. I love to hold her hand, wake up next to her. Her company alone is enough to make me feel better. I don't know what it is, but I like it. I want this to keep happening."

"Are you trying to say you're in love with her?" Artie asked confusedly.

"Is that what it is?" She tilted her head to the side gently, shrugging her shoulders right after. "If so, then yes. I'm in love with your little sister, dear."

I couldn't contain my big smile after hearing the words that just came out of her mouth. Undoubtedly, It was the sweetest yet bluntest confession of love I have ever witnessed. It was clear to notice that she did not plan what she was going to say. I wouldn't have it any other way, though. That's just who she truly is, and I love it. I love her.

"Is that it? Did I pass the test?" She asked.

"You just did, I guess..." Artie replied, still a little confused about what just happened. He was not ready for her sharp sincerity at all. "Just take care of her, alright?"

"Will do, darling." She said, smiling at me. "Now, if you're done, you can leave."

"Wait, what?" Artie frowned. "What about dinner?"

"Dear, you're not the one who I am trying to impress at all." She laughed mischievously. "The table is only set for two."

"You're unbelievable." He said in disbelief.

"I mean, you're welcome to stay if you want." She looked at me playfully, a malicious smirk on her face. "But I'm not willing to share what I'm gonna have for dessert..."

"Okay, fine, fine! I'm leaving!" Artie abruptly stood up as soon as he understood what she meant, already walking away towards the elevator. "Enjoy your night, horny dogs!"

"Oh, we will." She devilishly replied, not even bothering to look at him.

We smiled to each other, she held my hand tightly. I couldn't remember the last time I felt this happy.

"The night is now ours, darling."

hey there! i hope you enjoy this one i wrote while working on the other suggestions i still need to finish (sorry for taking too long!). let me know what you think, i love your comments ☺️ i hope everyone is doing alright!! stay safe and well!! M