Like No Time Has Passed

requested by @welkins14.

Cruella P.O.V

The confusion inside my head blended with my determination to demolish every single thing ever tied to my so-called biological mother, a uncontainable anger making me step on the gas even deeper as the truck approached the police station. I could still hear John saying each word he spoke to me this morning like a record playing over and over. The blood running in my veins is also inside the vicious murderer who I long to absolutely destroy, and there was nothing I could do to change it.

Yet, such revealing information only made me thirstier for vengeance, and even more certain that my real family was composed of two brainless fools who are behind bars only a few meters ahead of me. Jasper and Horace are worthy invading a precinct while wearing a fake mustache. My hands gripped the steering wheel even stronger as the walls got closer to me, and not even an ounce of fear made me hesitate to crash the truck into the building like a wrecking ball.

The walls crashing down and the confused cops running around made me realize how therapeutic creating chaos can be when you find out your whole life has been a sick lie. What made me smile, however, was seeing two familiar faces sneaking outside dressed like police officers among the cement dust filling the air around the street. Perhaps they are not so brainless after all.

I was beginning to back up and drive away when a female voice caught my attention. "Help! Help!"

A young woman approached my truck, a minor cut on her left brow dripping blood across her face. On her way to me, she limped lightly, as though the crash had injured her. The dark sky and lack of lights made it hard to recognize her face.

"Please, let me go with you." She pleaded once she reached the truck, genuine desperation in her tone. "You can drop me anywhere, I just don't want to get caught again."

The voice sounded quite familiar, almost nostalgic. She looked up so our eyes could meet, and an overwhelming wave of astonishing emotions flooded me once I was able to finally recognize who was desperate for help right in front of me. I felt like a twelve-year-old again, present and past merged together as I stared at my childhood nemesis after years.

Y/N would stay around Regent's Park with the three of us while growing up. A hungry orphan herself, she also stole to survive. Y/N was quick, sagacious. Her smart ass would always find a way to pickpocket our targets before we could even come up with a solid plan. Jasper and Horace hated her guts like she was a comic book villain. I, on the other hand, found her intelligence beyond fascinating. It felt nice to have some high-level competition, a girl as fierce as me.

One day, after years of outsmarting the three of us like a true evil genius, she just disappeared into thin air. Completely gone. No goodbyes, no written notes; just memories of a rivalry that made my life more exciting every day. I always thought I would never see Y/N again, yet here she is.

12-year-old Estella would never forgive me if I didn't help.

"Get in the passenger seat! Now!"

She didn't hesitate to go around and enter the truck quickly while the police sirens began ringing everywhere, the confused cops now driving towards our vehicle at full speed. Once she closed the door, I stepped on the gas without looking back. Y/N glued herself to her seat as much as she could and closed her eyes.

"Oh my God, we're going to die!" She yelled as we were cruising down the streets of London. "You drive like a maniac!"

"We're running away, imbecile!" I yelled back. "Do you want me to respect traffic laws while the police is behind us?"

"Just don't crash this damn truck!" She kept screaming. "Oh my, I really shouldn't trust strangers!"

She hasn't recognized me yet.

A few blocks down and some narrow streets were enough to get those police officers away from us. Once sirens were nowhere to be heard and the area seemed peaceful, I stopped the truck near the sidewalk. The engines turned off, Y/N sighed in relief.

"Damn." She said while trying to catch her breath. "Who knew a dustman could be so badass?"

We stared at each other almost instinctively. Perhaps the adrenaline was still messing with our emotions, or maybe my inner child was just happy to see my favorite antagonist after such a long time, but we burst out laughing like two insane kids for a couple of minutes. I was not sure if my stomach was hurting from too many laughs or from the butterflies dancing around after seeing her smile for the first time in years. It was unbelievable.

"I'm not a dustman, Y/N."

She jumped in fear, her eyes widened. "H-how the hell do you even know my name? Who are you?"

I smiled mischievously while taking off my hat and mustache, revealing my bicolor hair.

"It's me..." I whispered closely to her ear, my mouth almost touching her skin. "Estella."

Her eyes were about to jump out of her face. I could almost see the confusion and question marks inside her brain, and it was difficult not to laugh once again.

"I-I can't believe it..." She stuttered. "After so many years. Oh my God, you're still alive!"

"Still breathing, darling."  I replied playfully.

"Your hair is so bloody cool now!" She ran her fingers through my hair softly, sending chills down my spine. "You're killing the game!"

"You have no idea."

I looked into her eyes once again, and it seemed like no time has passed. We went silent for a few minutes, giving each other the chance to digest what just happened. The lamppost above the truck was the only thing illuminating her face, but I could still notice a few details as I scanned Y/N carefully. She still looked the same, yet much more mature. She became a beautiful woman. Her jaw was perfectly defined, her hair still looked beautiful. I was mesmerized.

She cleared her throat. "Well, it was nice seeing you again. Thank you for helping me. I gotta go now."

I frowned. "What? Where are you going?"

"It's late, I need to find a place to stay." She replied. "London can be really cold at night."

As she was about to open the passenger door, my hand held her arm almost immediately. There was something about feeling her skin that made me burn inside. She looked back.

"Stay with me." I fake coughed once I realized what just came out of my mouth. "I-I mean, stay at my place. At least for one night. I have this friend, John, who can help you with your injuries."

"I don't know..." She scratched the back of her head. "What about Jasper and Horace? Are they still around? I'm pretty sure they hated me."

"We were kids." I replied, my hand still holding her arm. "I am sure they don't hate you anymore."

"I'm not sure..."

"We could eat some really good crumpets while you tell me why you disappeared for years and the reason you were arrested tonight." I said. "I don't take no as an answer. Let's go."

"Still stubborn and bossy, I see?" She smiled.

I smiled back.

"Always."

yes, i'm alive! december was rough, y'all. new year, new me, tho. my winter break has been way busier than i thought it would be, but i finally got some time to finish this request. as always, thank you for your patience and for being so lovely. your feedback and comments fill me with joy. let me know what you think about this one! i hope your holiday season was great, darlings. let's make 2022 our little bitch. you got this!

love,
M