1. First Verse

Nature is full of music

From the soft bubbling of a stream, to the wind through the leaves in a forest, to the calls of the animals.
Elves often lived amongst these songs, building their homes in places deep rooted with nature.

Some took inspiration for their own songs from their surroundings, creating hauntingly beautiful melodies with their various instruments. Others saw the visual beauty of their homes and recorded it in art pieces.
Others still made their own music in battle, their graceful movements drawing song out in the clash of steel and the flight of arrows.

Counted among the few elves that stuck to song as Middle Earth grew darker, Eileanór - whose name meant 'sympathy, compassion, and light' - spent much of her time as a child learning about music and how to hear the songs that played in the nature around her.
Rather than using instruments as others did, she would sing, and her voice held power. It could command the attention of those around her, or if she willed it, could heal the injured and calm the fearful.
If she hummed in darkness, light would appear around her in waves; a skill that had been useful when she was a child who tended to wander too far, too late, and find herself stuck on dark paths, afraid. She had learned to calm herself by humming, and the light it emitted drew her family to find her.

Deciding that she needed a talent other than music, her uncle and father, Elladan and Elrohir, had made her learn how to wield a blade and shoot from a bow when she reached the end of her first century of life. They ensured that she could hold her own if ever she was in danger, often bringing her on scouting missions with them for her to practice her skills.

When they found her skills suitable, the brothers had each gifted her with a sword. Elladan had given her a beautifully forged elven blade inlaid with gold. Elrohir had given her a blade almost identical, but with small holes built into the blade near its tip, giving it a whistling sound when it was swung.

 Elrohir had given her a blade almost identical, but with small holes built into the blade near its tip, giving it a whistling sound when it was swung

Outside of her training, the brothers, who were the twin sons of Elrond, Lord of Rivendell, would bring her to see their father and sister, Arwen. They drew great joy from the fact that they were able to raise the girl on their own, standing proudly as she showed her skills in music and fighting to her grandfather and aunt.

Elrohir's wife had left for the undying lands a decade after Eileanór's birth, wishing to join her mother and father rather than stay to raise her daughter and love her husband. Not out of lack of affection for the two, but due to a growing weariness in living in Middle Earth.
Elrohir had been saddened by her parting, but the presence of his twin and daughter kept him from fading or sailing to join her.

Elrond often called on Eileanór, requesting her singing voice for banquets and personal enjoyment; her songs easing his weary mind. As she'd grown older though, these visits became fewer, for the she-elf had chosen to live in her great grandmother's realm, Caras Galadhon, in the Lorien forest.

But in the year 3018, as Eileanór was entering her two thousandth year in middle earth, Elrond called her to Rivendell for two different reasons; the first being that she was to sing a song for a banquet  hosting elves visiting from Mirkwood, the second being to accompany him into a council he hoped to host soon where, she was told, the fate of Middle Earth would be decided.

Her father and uncle had gone to retrieve and accompany her, knowing she could handle herself, yet not trusting that she wouldn't still get hurt on her journey home.

It was during this visit that her wheel of fate would truly begin turning. It would set her on a path of loss and love, happiness and hatred.

Please enjoy as she tells you her story.