Chapter 1

Anastasia's POV

The sunlight filtered through the window and into my room. The pleasant chirping of the bluebird by my window served as a reminder that it was spring time.

It's been two months since my mother remarried, two months since our lives changed for the better, or so we thought.

My stepfather was a wealthy count who had lost his wife just a year ago. He met my mother a month after and they started seeing each other. The count wanted a mother for his daughter and my mother wanted a stable home for her children. It was a relationship based on their needs and not love.

It was during the courtship that I met my stepsister Eliana. She was a cute girl with beautiful blonde hair and baby blue eyes that made her look like an angel. But she was anything but that.

Eliana pretended to accept us as her family but we could see through her fake smile and cheery voice.

When my mother and the count finally got married and we officially became nobles, Eliana's true colors began to show. She always looked down on me and Dahlia and tried to make us feel inferior, she would then say that she was simply introducing us to the life of the nobility.

The servants already saw us as the enemy and monitored us to see if we wanted to harm their precious angel.

As for the count, he was almost never around, when he was he showered all his attention and love on Eliana and completely neglected me and my sister. When my mother would complain, he would say that he was just trying to be there for Eliana who had just lost her mother.

Seeing that we were not really welcome, we decided to stick together and be there for each other. We would show these people that we were better than them and make ourselves stand out differently.

"Knock, knock."

I was pulled out of my inner monologue by a maid who had come to get me ready for the day.

Stacy.

"Lady Anastasia, wake up and stop lazing about, I don't have all day." The maid said rudely.

This was Stacy, Eliana's maid who was assigned to me when I first came here. She was obviously sent to spy on me but was so obvious, she didn't even bother to hide her hatred for me.

She believed that I was just a filthy commoner trying to steal their precious lady's position and bullied me every chance she got. She was confident because she knew that the count wouldn't do anything without concrete proof and she had Eliana's backing.

"Did you not here me, you filthy commoner?" She sneered.

"I'm sorry Miss Stacy, I'll get up now." I said pretending to be scared.

"Hmph, as long as you know your place, Lady Eliana requires my assistance, so I'm sure you can manage on your own." She said as she left.

I sighed made my way to the bathroom. The tub was filled with ice cold water as Stacy did not bother to heat it. I dropped my night gown and stepped into the tub as I shivered, and bathed in the cold water.

I made my way back to my room after my bath, Stacy was already gone, probably to help Eliana with her daily spa.

I went to my wardrobe and selected a shabby looking dress and put it on. I looked at my self in the mirror, my vibrant red locks were tangled, my face was flushed and I was visibly shivering.

"Perfect, now let's get rid of that girl once and for all."

To be continued

Hello, guys thanks for the response, so here's a new chapter for you. See you in the next one. Bye😘