chenle's dad usually goes out of the country because of the many businesses they have, that's why he's surprised after seeing his dad's car outside their house. he might be home now.

"daddy?"

the person called suddenly looked at him and his eyes widened, he opened his arms and waited for his son to hug him.

"i didn't expect you to be here today, my son. i was about to surprise you and your kun ge." he pouted.

"well, i have something to get here, dad." chenle said, smiling.

"aren't tomorrow your first performance?" the father asked. "can we watch?" he asked, sounding excited.

"of course, dad. it was open for anyone though." chenle nodded.

his father was about to speak again but his eyes shifted to the tall guy on the side, his eyes suddenly widened after seeing him.

"my jisung!" the father said.

"long time no see, dad." jisung said and let out a chuckle.

"you're much taller now!" the father said happily.

"thank you, dad." he smiled.

"what brought you here?" he asked. "wait, did you guys just..." and he pointed at his son and jisung.

"i just accompanied him, dad. we will also leave before evening." jisung said, smiling.

"oh," and he slowly nodded his head. "by the way, would you mind having a talk with me for a while, jisung?" he asked.

"no problem, dad." jisung nodded.

watching the two going out at the swimming pool area, chenle suddenly flinched when his mother poke his waist which never failed him tickled.

"mom!" he hissed, pouting.

"that also made me think," his mother said. "i thought you guys were already together." she chuckled.

"he just drove me here," he pouted. "by the way, mom. did you see it?" he asked, talking about his personalised microphone.

"yeah," the mother nodded and got the paper bag. "i can't wait to see you perform again tomorrow." she smiled.

"i'm also excited, mom." he giggled.

"this is also the first time you were going to perform with him in front of a crowd, right?" she asked softly.

chenle showed a soft smile and nodded. they already perform together before but it was just in every family gathering between their both families. they really never perform in front of a huge crowd.

that's why chenle is really excited.

while on the other side, the two are currently peacefully talking.

"how's the course you get?" the father asked softly.

"it's fine, dad." he smiled. "it was also my second choice back then."

"but still, you like medicine and you might take the same course now with chenle." the father said. "it was your dream course, am i right?"

"yes, dad." he nodded. "there's still a second thought but i believe in grandpa's words, if i can do it, then i will. i also promised to him that i will take the architecture." he smiled.

"yeah, i know you can also do it." he said proudly. "but i'm still mad at you for leaving my son because you're scared that you can't do your plans together."

"i'm sorry, dad." jisung took a bow.

"nah, i understand you though." and he tapped his shoulder. "i still like you for my son, if you plan to get him back again, promise me you won't hurt him again. because if you did, i don't think i can still trust you, jisung." he smiled and left.

the reason for their break up is because jisung was scared that he couldn't do their plans together. they promised to each other that they will both pursue medical technology, they want that course and it was their dream.

but it suddenly changed when jisung's grandfather's dying wish for jisung was to pursue architecture. it was really a mess back then. jisung had to switch to architecture at the last minute without even telling chenle.

jisung was scared that the plans he made with chenle wasn't going to happen now, and the only solution he thinks about it is to break up with him.

which he also didn't want to happen, after breaking up, he went back to the dream's condo (which wasn't announced as a band yet) and jeno saw him at the balcony. making jisung burst out in tears when jeno asked him if he was okay. that's also the time when jisung told everything and the time jeno found out everything.

"ji, what did you and dad talk about?" he asked softly as jisung wore the helmet to him since he was carrying paper bags both in his hand.

"he just asked me about my course." jisung said softly.

"nothing more?" he asked.

"nothing more." and he smiled.

they also left afterwards. they didn't come back to the campus since their rehearsal had already ended. arriving at the condo, chenle made his way first inside, leaving jisung behind who needed to park his motorbike first.

"did you guys take a cab?" jaemin asked as he was the one who opened the door for him.

"we used his motorbike, hyung." chenle said calmly as he put the paper bags down, the other paper bag that had cookies that was made by his mom, he placed it at the center table.

not even realizing that the people in the living area were looking at him.

"hmm?" he asked curiously.

"jisung lets you sit on his motorbike?" haechan asked.

"yeah?" he answered, frowning. "is there something wrong with... that?" he gulped, getting nervous.

"he never lets someone sit there." mark said. "we're just surprised because even us, he never lets us sit there."