CHAPTER 8 PART 1 *(edited)*

Start from the beginning

Unbeknownst to me, while I spoke, I had been holding (Y/n)'s hand. If it was any other time, I would have blushed but this wasn't the time right now.

Lia stuttered, "W-Why are you saying this? And why are you taking her side?"

"Who said I can't?" I retorted.

I could feel (Y/n) clutching my sleeves, and I also noticed a wet sensation on the back of my jacket's shoulder. 

This brat!

"Oh, don't act like you care. She's not even beautiful—"

"What if I say she is? Not only is she beautiful, but she's also talented. She has a remarkable singing voice, unlike yours with that squawking voice of yours," I interrupted, pointing at her.

Silence fell upon us. Even though there were no others around, the silence was palpable.

"....w-what?", I heard a whisper, and I turned to (Y/n), who stared at me wide-eyed. Her face was stained with tears, her cheeks reddened from crying. I desperately wanted to embrace her, but first, I needed to deal with this girl.

"WHAT?!.....w-why are you t-t-talking to me like t-t-this?", Lia feigned surprise, attempting to act as if she were crying, though failing miserably.

"Because.....you are f*cking annoying.

I turned away and pulled (Y/n) along with me, but before we left, I glanced back at Lia one last time. "I hope neither I nor (Y/n) ever have to see your ugly face again." 

With that, we walked away.

I looked at (Y/n), asking, "Do you want to go back home for now?"

She simply nodded, still avoiding my gaze. It pained me to see her like this. We made our way to her house, and once there, (Y/n) unlocked the door and went inside.

We sat down on the sofa. I studied her—she kept her head down, fixated on the floor.

"(Y/n)...?" I spoke softly.

"..."

"(Y/n)... look at me, please."

"I... I can't..."

"Why not.....?"

"....."

"Please...?"

"....."

"(Y/n)?....."

I gently turned her face towards me and observed her puffy, reddened cheeks and eyes. She was still crying...

I couldn't bear to see her like this. I pulled her into a tight embrace, refusing to let go. She silently sobbed against my shoulder as I stroked her hair and rubbed soothing circles on her back. No words were necessary at this moment; it was not the time to make her talk.

Gradually, she began to calm down.

After ten minutes of tearful silence, she finally spoke, her voice shaky, "Who was that girl?"

"Lia... one of my classmates," she replied.

I responded with a simple, "Oh," allowing the silence to fill the room. I continued to hold her in my arms, and she buried her face in the crook of my neck.

"T-thank you....", she finally whispered. I sensed fresh tears welling up in her eyes, so I shifted her position, making her sit on my lap, and resumed rubbing circles on her back.

"Why...?" I asked, my voice filled with genuine curiosity.

"For standing up for me..." she replied, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Of course, I would," I reassured her.

She slowly looked up at me.

"I... that girl with the squawking voice is so annoying... if she were with me and my friends, especially in front of Yaya, she would have been blown away with a single punch," I joked, hoping to elicit a smile from her.

To my delight, (Y/n) burst into laughter, her giggle echoing in the room. 

Heh-that's what I wanted to see for so long. 

I laughed softly with her as well.

"Um... Boboiboy?" she called my name hesitantly.

"Hm...?"

"How did you know I can sing?"

I hesitated for a moment....shit....I forgot about that. What should I say? It felt embarrassing to admit that I had been eavesdropping on her singing instead of watching TV.

"B-boiboy?"

"Uh......"

Guess I have no other choice.....

"Um... I heard you sing," I confessed.

"What? When?" she asked, her eyes widening in surprise.

"Well... do you remember after you fainted, you went to take a shower?", I said after sighing.

She nodded then slowly her eyes widened a bit. Guess she is realizing....

"Well... you were humming a song, and I heard it. So, I turned off the TV to listen carefully... and that's how I found out."

"But... I was just humming... quietly," she murmured.

"No, you weren't," I said with conviction.

I looked at her and she was not looking at me...like not looking down but just avoiding my gaze and also blushing.

"That's embarrassing," she whispered.

"No, it's not. You have a sweet voice," I said, offering her a closed-eye smile.

She glanced at me and smiled shyly, looking away.

"So... now that this is all over, can we go out and finally eat? I'm starving!" I pouted playfully.

She looked at me, laughed, and said, "Sure, let's go!"

I smiled too

Well.....

Little did we realize....

That......

We were still cuddling while she sitting on my lap....

[Author pov: Hope you don't realize soon hehe!]

.........to be continued.

_______________________________________________________

Since my schools are starting from this week. I thought of posting only part 1 of this ch for now...I don't know if I would be posting anymore this month. so yeah! hope yall enjoy and about those behind-the-scenes parts...

I'm gonna try to post it in between my schedules so stay tuned.

hope yall enjoy this!

Byeeeee!!