𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧

A month later

A month later

. . .

For the past month that feeling of being watched hasn't dissipated. It sends whispers of chills down my spine every now and then.

I've been contemplating for a while now to call Antonio and ask for help or guidance for what I should do but I have no right after denying them. Why should they help me, when I never gave them a chance? I'll basically be using them, right?

I finish my dance with my signature pose and then blow a kiss to all the men before making my way back to the changing rooms to get dressed. One of the guards from the front of the stage drops off my money, I thank him and shut the door.

Sighing in utter exhaustion, I literally just finished the final piece for the new line I'm coming out with, only two hours ago. I've been pulling all nighters for days just perfecting this new collection.

It needs to be perfect since another brand just came out with a line and it was astonishing. For the first time ever, Dante appeared at the show and even went and spoke to the lead designer. I felt utter failure because although I denied him, he never once did that in those two years so I felt the challenge to perfect this new line better than the others.

Grabbing my bag of cash and purse, I step out to find Antonio waiting across my room, shocking me in the process.

"Katya." He breathes out.

My heart beats faster at the sight of him as my stomach gets butterflies, making me frown in confusion.

Since when did seeing Antonio affect me like this?

We just stare at each other until he steps forward making me take a step back until my back is against the door. 

He cups my face and I watch as his eyes roam all over it. Dropping his hands, he pulls me in for a hug and I don't refuse. I actually almost cry because I haven't been held like this in months, that it overwhelms me.

Blinking the tears away, I wait a few more moments before pulling away. "Can we talk?"

Nodding his head, I try deciphering the expression on his face but end up clueless.

He grabs my hand and leads me out the back entrance of the building. "Where do you want to go?" He questions again.

Shrugging, he watches me before nodding and leads me to his car. Opening the door for me, I get in and buckle up.

By the time he's in and reversing out of the parking lot, I notice that he's going to my place, five minutes into the drive.

Grateful for that, since I wasn't in the mood to hire a taxi after whatever I'm going to talk about. Since I haven't been able to trust myself to drive without falling asleep.

I stare out the window until we get to my place. Antonio opens the door for me, as well as giving me his hand to help me out since his car is so low.

Unlocking the door, I switch on the lights, before letting out a heavy sigh of exhaustion.

"Can I make you something to drink?" I ask, turning around to face him.

"No, I can make it myself." He shakes his head.

I don't argue at all, and just take out a cup and teaspoon before putting on the kettle.

"If you don't mind, can I go take a quick shower?" He nods his head and I take that as my answer before going upstairs.

. . .

"What did you want to talk about?" He asks once I'm back and feeling refreshed.

Shifting my body as I begin to get nervous. I take in a deep breath. "For the past month I've been feeling like I'm being watched. The first day I felt like this, I found a note in my bag saying, I'm watching you, and when I came home not too long after my place was trashed. I called the police and they couldn't find any fingerprints that weren't mine or my friend Alex who had been over a few days before the incident. But what freaks me out more is that there wasn't any sign of forced entry so this person might have a key or picked the lock. So for all I know this person could be coming in and watching me sleep." The thought alone gives me chills.

I watch Antonio process my words. Pure wrath takes over his expressions as his jaw and fists clench tight. A murderous look takes place in his eyes, making me gulp as I start to question whether I should have told him this.

"I'll take care of it. I have a friend who works in the police, he might be assigned to your case but since there's no evidence left behind of the person who did this, there's not much they can do for you. But I'll assign a bodyguard to you. And don't stress, you won't see him but just know he's there to protect you." He says, his tone suggesting that I don't argue.

Honestly I don't know how I feel about having another person watching me but at least this one is trying to protect me.

"I'm okay with that." I eventually say, biting my lip. Antonio's eyes drop to them and pure hunger swarms in his eyes sending a deep wave of butterflies in my stomach.

Shaking my head at the reaction of my body, I get up and take his empty cup before placing it in the sink.

"On one condition though." He says, suddenly standing right behind me where I can feel his breath on my ear.

"I get to teach you how to defend yourself in case anything ever happens." He offers.

I take my time to think about his offer. I mean what could I lose by doing this? Absolutely nothing. So if I want the help I have to do something in return, right? 

"Is that all I have to do in return? Let you train me?" I ask confused as to why he'd want that.

"Yes but if I may say myself, it's more for my pleasure than it is yours. I intend to use this as much as I can. So whenever I say train, you train. No excuses. Because if I find out you're finding excuses to not come, I'll just have to punish you." He smirks at me.

The butterflies continue to swarm in my stomach at the double meaning of his words.

Guess I'll just have to find out whether he's serious or not.