𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Anger

Anger.

Envy.

Pain.

That's what I've been feeling for the past eighteen hours. I've been digging into this Alex guy for the past week and I can't find a single dirty crime on him. Not even a speeding ticket.

And then for me to bump into Katya, as I was passing Victoria Secret, made me calm a bit when her dark hazel eyes met mine. Everything I had been feeling for that past week just seemed to disappear.

Until her eyes diverted and she smiled. Looking so happy and at peace, only for me to turn around and see Alex. My Katya smiling at fucking Alex.

The amount of rage that hit me in that moment nearly blinded me and I know if it did I would have killed him there and then, whether I was in front of Katya or not.

I would have taken the consequences of killing him but I'm relieved I didn't because that meant I would have lost Katya. Not just me but Antonio as well. And if we did, Antonio wouldn't hesitate to hurt me for that.

The thought of losing Katya, sends an ache through my chest that doesn't stop even if I rub the area.

Instead of taking out my rage of innocent civilians, I decided to eliminate those of which we kept rotting in our warehouse just two hours away from my place. There's about sixty-nine of them.

And to make it more satisfying for me, I've decided to let the first person pick a number up to sixty-nine and whatever number they choose, I'll pick that person who is allocated under that number and kill them before killing the first person that was supposed to be killed.

And then the third person will pick a number which will get killed after them and it'll continue like that until every single one of them is dead.

It seems complicated but it's the reactions of the people, who will get chosen before they were supposed to go, that will satisfy me. Seeing them cry and beg for mercy just before I kill them.

I'll just have to picture one of them as Alex or maybe all of them and find sixty-nine different ways of killing each of them. So it'll feel like I'm doing that to Alex but I'm not.

Pushing my thoughts aside for now. I pull out my pistols, cocking them and checking if there are enough bullets in them for now.

Walking into the allocated room I organised for this occasion, I see the first person kneeling on the flood, chains tied to their wrists and feet.

"69." Is all they saw when they must realise its time.

I crack a smile as the realisation comes to mind. They chose the last person who thought they would have time to say their prayers and goodbyes mentally to whoever they wanted to, only to have that person freak out because it didn't go as they expected it to and because their life is ending sooner than later.

Nodding my head in acknowledgement, I say, "Excellent choice."

. . .

After my little 'killing spree', I came back home, took a shower, changed, then got in another car and drove to Katya's office.

Parking across the street, I pull on my baseball cap, hoodie and sunglasses, I get out and make my way into the café where Alex so happens to work at.

At exactly 14:35 the bell above the door chimes, announcing Katya's arrival. I watch her from the moment she enters, walks to the counter to order her black americano likes she orders everyday before taking a seat across from me.

For exactly ten minutes I pretend to look distracted on my phone while I'm actually watching her when I notice her packing her laptop away.

I scribble the words, I'm watching you, on a piece of paper. Before tucking my pen back in my pocket. Just as she stands up to leave  I get up and walk towards her and pretend to bump into her only to slip the piece of paper into her bag before slipping out the door.

I don't look back as I walk to around the corner until I find an alley. I wait there for a few minutes until I know she's back at her office and then make my way back to my car.

I wait until it's clear for me to drive before I put my foot down and speed out the street until I'm at her place.

Parking one house down from hers. I lay my seat back and stare at her house, waiting until she comes home.

. . .

I have exactly fifteen minutes before she arrives when a thought comes to mind.

What if I make her pay for what she's doing to Antonio and I. Make her feel what it's like to lose something that you love and care for. The feeling of envy, pain and anger.

The sudden need to do it, surprises me, but how would I do it. What could I do to Katya that would make her feel like we do. It needs to be good and thought out well.

The thought of seeing her cry makes my cock harden, and a wicked smile sets on my face, as I picture her begging to give her a chance after she denied us. Picturing her getting her heart broken only for us to use that as our chance to mend it back together because we'll be the only thing she'll have left.

Thinking it through, I start to doubt whether Antonio would agree with this. Looks like I'll just have to find out. He'll probably kill me for this but I'll take the risk.

Getting out the car, I check to see that I still have ten minutes, before I make my way to her backyard, pull on my gloves and unlock the door.

Her cat starts hissing at me while her puppy barks at me. The need to kick them hits me but I decide it's best not to.

I start to make her place untidy so she'll know that someone's actually watching her and going through her house.

She'll feel threatened and will soon come running to us, and we'll pretend to find the 'person' and deal with them while manipulating her into choosing to be with us.

After that, we'll never let her leave. She can run but she can't hide.

I slip out the backdoor just as I hear her car pull into the driveway. I lock it and jump over her fence and get into my car.  A smile on my face the whole way home.

  A smile on my face the whole way home