𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

After I got back to the office, I was looking for my glasses in my bag when I found a note inside

After I got back to the office, I was looking for my glasses in my bag when I found a note inside. At first I was confused because I had never seen it there before.

So of course I opened it to see what it was only for it to say, I'm watching you. Instantly I thought of the teenager that was behind me who did it as a joke or prank but that's until I came home.

Right now, the police are here looking for any sign of fingerprints that aren't mine or Alex since Alex wouldn't do this and couldn't have because he was working at the café.

Chills whisper down my spine at the realisation that whoever did this could be watching this play out right now.

Alex must notice as he places an arm around my waist, pulling me into his side. "You're staying with me tonight." He says in a tone that says I mustn't argue with him right now.

Nodding my head, I walk back inside and grab a bag and start packing some clothes, underwear, toiletries and anything else I may need for the night. I also pack more in case I end up staying longer.

Once I'm done, Alex follows me to his car before opening the door for me.

Getting in, I get lost in my thoughts as Alex drives us to his place. Wondering if this is maybe happening because I associated myself with Dante and Antonio or because someone messed up is actually after me.

. . .

Catalina's words, I can't exactly tell you what they do because it's really important but I can tell you that they would never involve you in it and they wouldn't let anything happen to you. They would take care of you and anything you care for. That I can promise, are taunting me and I start to question whether I made the right choice.

I know enough that Dante and Antonio would protect me at any cost. For fucks sake they're obsessed with me to the point where it's almost psychotic.

Shaking my head, I release a heavy breath , and get out of the shower.

Quickly changing into my outfit, not bothering with any mascara or lipstick, I say goodbye to Alex who reluctantly lets me leave and drive to my office.

For the rest of the day, my thoughts continued to wander off to Antonio and Dante, Catalina's words and that simple but complicated question. Did I make the right choice?

. . .