Mother and Daughter

Stellia's POV

I can't get my mind off what I discovered. My mother is a wolf who can kill people. We got to the safe house and I could see my sister Helena's concern.

"You alright, little sister?" I can't answer my sister's question. I was just stunned and I went straight to the room. When I entered the room, I locked the door and just sat in a corner. I couldn't hold back my tears because of what happened. I know and feel that is not my mother that I knew. She looked different when I saw her. I suddenly remembered one of the things I will never forget that my mother did to me.

Flashback

Stellia, take it easy.

I just tripped and saw that my mother walked easily towards me and she was helping me to stand up. She shook my clothes and saw that I had a wound on my knee.

Let's go, dear. Let's go inside so I can put medicine on your wound.

My mother carried me into the kingdom. She took the ointment and bandages from their room and carried me to the throne hall. She sat down to her throne and I sat on her lap.

You lifted your skirt a little so that I could apply the ointment to your wound.

I followed my mother's orders. After she put the medicine, I could feel the pain and my mother saw that I was suppressing the pain.

That's right, dear. Just a moment and I'll put on a bandage.

When the medicine on my wound dried, she put a bandage on my wound. My mother smiled at me. Only now have I seen my mother smile like that.

Next time child, take care of yourself. The day will come when you can no longer be with me and you will be independent. You know, you will rule our kingdom.

She faced me and gently touched my chin so that my attention was only on her.

Dear, I love you so much. You will always remember that.

My mother kissed my forehead and hugged me tightly. I can feel her crying. I don't know why she cried but I hugged her back. She loaded me until she took me to my room and I loosened the load. That was her last tenderness towards me and everything changed.

End of flashback

I stopped crying when I heard someone scratching outside the window. I hesitated but approached to the window. I went out and stood on the roof. I slowly went down to see if any other creatures had strayed. I stopped when I heard a familiar voice and she called my name.

Stellia? my dear child?

When I turned around, I saw my mother. Her body was even paler than when I saw her earlier in the university, her hair is mess, her eyes were bright blue but her mouth had scattered and full of blood, human blood. I let her come to me and she hugged me.

"Forgive me, dear. I didn't like what I did earlier." I gently pushed my mother because of what she said. She didn't like it? But she was smiling earlier with blood on her lips. I don't know how I should respond to what she said. But I let out a hurtful word.

You don't like it? You can never take back your sorry to the people you killed. You are such a monster. You are evil, mother.

She was about to hold my hand but I avoided it. My tears suddenly came out of my eyes. I can't say 'go back to the way you were, mother'. I just let her go so that Liane and the rest of other won't see her.

Get out of here, mother. I don't want to see you again. When we meet again in the kingdom, I will not know you as a mother but as an enemy.

I saw her tears come out of her eyes. Am I seeing right? Is my mother crying? She hugged me tightly like she used to hug me when I was young. I wanted to hug her back but I stopped myself.

Hurry up, go away!

She released me from her hug and completely disappeared from my sight. That was my last hug and I saw her. I am against my mother now. Suddenly I sat down, I covered my face with my hands and I cried. Liane saw me outside the safe house and immediately hugged me.

"Come on, Stellia. We'll get through this." Liane said.

"Why is my mother become my enemy. I don't want to kill her, Liane." That's all I can say. Liane gently caressed my back to calm me down from my crying. She helped me back into the safe house and made me sit on the sofa.

"Drink water." Liane handed me the glass full of water. I only drank half. All I could think about was how I could get my mother back. I choked so much, the glass broke in my hand and my blood came out on its own. Liane was surprised and immediately came to me.

Let's remove those broken glasses from your hands.

Liane gently removed the pieces from my hand and she wiped the blood from my hand. I noticed that she was hungry for blood so she left for a while to get the ointment and applied it to my wound.

Liane, how can you prevent yourself from the blood?” I asked. She looked at me and I saw that her red orbs grew brighter.

"My father taught me. My father taught us to kill only evil creatures." She responded and finished her treatment on my hand. I caressed her cheek and kissed her lips. I looked at Liane and she smiled at me.

Liane.

Hmmm?

I'm ready to fight. I am ready to face my mother.