𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ stranger things© chapter seventeen!'the compass dilemma'

˚ ˚ stranger things© chapter seventeen!
'the compass dilemma'

MADELYN'S heart raced.

this is the only way.

we need to know if the gate is there.

nothing is going to happen.

you're going to be fine.

you won't end up like patrick, fred, or chrissy.

it's just a boat ride.

you're not going to die.

you have to do this.

this has to end.

her fingernails dug red crescent shapes into the palms of her hands as she bit down on her lower lip, trying to conceal her thoughts as robin, eddie, and nancy filed into the boat. steve waved his hand in front of the blonde, beckoning her closer to join them on the boat.

eddie turned from where he had been assisting nancy, his eyebrows furrowing as madelyn was moving closer. "you can't swim, what are you doing?" he spoke, holding his hand out to keep her from joining them on the boat.

"wait, you don't know how to swim?" steve questioned, looking up at her from where he was crouched down.

"i'm really regretting telling you that now. and if you really think i'm just going to stand here and wait while you guys find a way to get to that veiny asshole, you're out of your mind." madelyn spoke with a raise of her brows.

the brunette in front of her scoffed, shaking his head slightly. "what if you, like, fall out or some shit?"

"drowning seems better than getting vecna'd."

max laughed from a few feet away, earning a glare from lucas and dustin. "what? that's funny!" the red head told with a shrug of her shoulders.

"thank you, max." the blonde spoke with a nod as she glanced back before stepping into the boat, squeezing herself past eddie and sat on the floor of the boat, leaning against robin's left leg, to keep herself from having the possibility of falling out the boat.

"if you fall out i'm not jumping in to save you." eddie told with a stern expression, or what madelyn assumed to be his 'stern' expression.

"yeah, yeah, whatever."

eddie turned back, ready to assist steve in pushing them off the shore, as dustin was moving forward to step into the boat. he moved his hand up, pushing on the young teen's forehead. "hey, hey, hey, you trying to sink us? this thing hold four people tops, okay?" he explained.

"it's better this way, okay? you guys stay here with max." nancy explained as she stepped in front of eddie. "keep an eye out for trouble."

"you keep an eye out!" dustin argued, earning a confused expression from the wheeler girl. "it's my goddamn theory."