𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ stranger things© chapter twelve!'the confrontation'

˚ ˚ stranger things© chapter twelve!
'the confrontation'

MADELYN rubbed her temples as she glared at the brunette to her right, who was repeatedly throwing small pebbles and acorns he had collected into the empty spaghettio's can.  her eyebrows were raised as she stared at him, eddie apparently unaware of the imaginary daggers the blonde was staring into the side of his head; or he was ignoring it. she huffed, wrapping her arms around herself as she leaned against the wall, closing her eyes to try and drown out the repetitive sound.

she sprung forward seconds later, the harsh rumble of a car engine drawing both her and eddie's attention. madelyn pushed herself off the milk crate she was sat on, while eddie practically flung himself off the bucket he had been using as a seat. they approached the window together, each of them slowly peaking over the windowsill. madelyn quickly pulled eddie back down, tightly gripping the color of his vest as she leaned her forehead on the cool metal of the wall.

"what? do you recognize the car?" eddie asked in a whisper, slightly looking down at her tight grip on the denim material.

madelyn nodded as she looked up at him, her eyes practically dripping with fear. "it's jason's car." she mumbled, poking her head back up as she watched as he and two other members of the basketball team got out of the black cherokee. "shit.. shit. shit. go get the walkie. call for help, now." the blonde ordered as she moved to the other window, her gaze following the three boys as they moved into the building.

"dustin.. you there? it's eddie and madelyn. remember us, right? uh, if anyone's there i think we might really be in a bit of trouble here. okay?.. wheeler? anybody?" he harshly spoke into the walkie-talkie as he watched madelyn attempt to keep an eye on three boys. "no one's fucking answering!"

"shh! would you be quiet?" she whispered over to him, frantically waving her hands around before returning her attention to the window. "they.. they might not check in here, okay? they're all pretty dumb. we just need to stay calm." madelyn spoke as she took deep breaths, although the way she said it wasn't entirely convincing. eddie couldn't really tell if she was trying to convince him or herself.  "we just.. we stay in here, don't move, don't make noise, and try to keep an eye on them."

eddie nodded as madelyn tapped her fingernails on the wall beneath the window, keeping her eyes trained on the moving figures inside the home. he moved forward, keeping himself crouched down as he walked. the brunette leaned himself against the wall beside madelyn, his hand reaching out to grab hers as he he screwed his eyes shut, trying not to think about what was most likely about to happen to them. madelyn turned her head, tearing her gaze away from the house and towards eddie. she intertwined her fingers with his, making him open his eyes to look at her.