𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ stranger things© chapter six!'the bathroom talk'

˚ ˚ stranger things© chapter six!
'the bathroom talk'

MADELYN glanced around as eddie finally slowed his pace, lifting her chin off his shoulder, she watched as a dark-colored home slowly came into view. it had lots of small windows across the front of the house, a nice-sized wooden porch, and there was a green and brown wreath that hung on the front door. "this is a nice place." she mumbled.

"well, he's a dealer. what else did you expect?" eddie replied as he moved around the house towards the backdoor. "he always leaves the back open. i'll try and find something to eat while you wash your hands."

the blonde nodded as she moved her gaze back, watching as the lake water shifted. the door creaked as he opened it, making what they were doing feel even creepier. the both of them glanced around the dark home as eddie moved toward the kitchen, using the moonlight that flooded through the windows.

he moved back toward the counter, hovering madelyn over the tile before moving his arms out from around her knees. madelyn pushed herself off the counter as eddie took a few steps away, moving his shoulders around to adjust to the loss of the weight. "you know you didn't have to carry me, right? i could've ran here on my own."

"it's alright. you would've slowed us down anyway." eddie teased, wiping his palms on his jeans as he stared out one of the front windows. "um, the bathroom is the first door on the left."

madelyn nodded as she moved down the hall, gliding her hand along the wall to guide herself through the house. she looked away from her hand, moving her gaze towards a mirror that was placed at the end of the hallway. her eyebrows furrowed as her head tilted, watching as a dark figure emerged from behind her.

she stopped in her tracks, watching as the figure became clearer. the pleated skirt, the pony-tail, the broken bones; it was all there as the dark shape came further into view. madelyn's breath hitched in her throat as she burst forward, shoving herself into the bathroom as she slammed the door behind her.

the blonde fell back, sliding down the wooden door as she wrapped her hands around herself. she felt like she was losing her mind.

the body of her sister was haunting of her.

her head throbbed with pain as she looked down at her knees, her breathing was shaky and her hands went clammy as she clenched her eyes shut. the blonde's mind was overwhelmed and fogged with her emotion. it was like she was trapped in a loop. seeing her sister dying in front of her over and over again.

madelyn felt helpless. she couldn't help her sister when chrissy needed her the most. and now she couldn't even help herself. she couldn't tear herself away from the horrid memory that flooded her brain.

it felt like the scene was was engraved into her eyelids. she saw it happen every time she blinked.

she wanted to just stop thinking. to stop feeling.