𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ stranger things© chapter one!'the loving sisters'

˚ ˚ stranger things© chapter one!
'the loving sisters'

MADELYN CUNNINGHAM was nothing close to a normal hawkins teen girl. hawkins was a town full of people who tried their hardest and made themselves into people they're not to fit others standards.

madelyn did the exact opposite. madelyn stuck out.

madelyn wanted to take the societal standards of hawkins, indiana by the throat and make it her bitch.

the blonde wore short skirt and tight tops, she spoke her mind to those around her. she never backed down from a fight or arguement; in fact she loved arguing.

she felt empowered when she watched someone who thought, so deeply, they were going to win, simply lose. people underestimate her. her bright blue eyes, pale skin, and soft blonde hair fooled those who didn't know her.

madelyn loved to stand out. she loved to confuse people. she loved being different.

she saw herself as a breath of fresh air in the dreary city of hawkins. since the previous gas spills, animal attacks, and the recent mall fire- everyone walked around eggshells around everyone. people were afraid to question things, to talk about what and who they all lost.

madelyn wasn't scared of speaking her mind.

and that's what led to her odd relationship with her mother.

when the picture-perfect blonde was born, mrs. cunningham was ready to raise the perfect child. smart. obedient. shy. sweet. the new mother expected a life of perfect happiness.

but, when madelyn was barely two years old, mrs. cunningham knew she would turn out to be none of those things. so, the 'happy' couple had another baby, chrissy. and she was everything her mother wanted.

cheerleader. honor roll. perfect boyfriend. compliant. she was the perfect daughter that an obsessive mother can have.

even with her newfound love for her youngest daughter; mrs. cunningham was a horrible mother. she was controlling, possessive, overbearing, angry.

most that anger was, much to madelyn's dismay, put upon chrissy. she had to be skinnier, smarter, prettier, quieter, better. their mother had given up on making madelyn a good daughter and future wife. the woman's hatred for her daughter grew so heavily she would barely speak to madelyn.

and her father was in the same position as them. he was controlled. he had no autonomy of his own. forced to work a job he hated to make enough enough money for his wife's lifestyle. never allowed to have friends she didn't pick and choose.

he sat idly by as his wife tormented their children. as if he couldn't see the abuse. as if he couldn't see the tears rolling down his daughters face's. as if he didn't have to right to stand up for his flesh and blood.