32- A Blushing Friend With A Secret

Start from the beginning

"No, I can't. Why don't you do it." Jimin strongly refused.

But to the unexpected surprise of the two friends, they saw Yoongi approaching.

"Hello. Fancy meeting you here. It's nice to see you..b-both. W-What are you doing here? I- I mean what are your jobs here?" Yoongi clumsily conversed.

Jimin waited for Tae to respond for them but Tae suddenly became mute and to Jimin's unbelief he saw Tae looked down blushingly like he was shy, which was so unlike him.

Since Tae wouldn't talk, Jimin answered, "A-Ah, hello Yoongi. It's nice to see you here too. Tae is assisting with the stylist, with the clothes and accessories... M-Me. I am just an extra help, you know, extra hand everywhere. But I think they need me in the set decorating. What about you? Oh, it's a silly question. Sorry. I see you are with a camera."

"Yes, but I am actually just assisting the photographer. Helping with the lights and camera set ups, keep an extra eye on things. 'Tis a good training and experience for me."

"Yes, it's true. Tae here is also getting some great experience for his course in fashion design. Me, I, well just trying to have some extra income." Jimin laughed softly.

Yoongi smiled. "That's admirable... Do you b-both want to get together for coffee or snack later on, after the shoot? It's my treat." Yoongi invited hopefully.

Jimin kept glancing at Tae who seemed so weirdly tongue-tied.

"I-I am not sure. But that will be n-nice. What do you say Tae?"

Tae answered in a very meek tone, not even looking straight at them, "Well, I can't. I still have somewhere else to go later, sorry. You both go without me... Will you excuse me, need to check on more wardrobes. Some still needs to be steamed." And Tae just left them like that.

Jimin was surprised. He gawked, his gaze following Tae who briskly marched away. 'What's gotten into him?'

"W-Well, It's just us then, will that be alright for you or maybe next time?" Jimin asked doubtfully.

"No. It's o-okay. I'll treat you." Yoongi replied but Jimin can't help but notice the male's face seemed to have turned a bit sad. 'Why does he look disappointed?' Jimin wondered.

"Alright. I'll bring this box there now. They're preparing the set..."

"Ah yes. Me too gotta help them set up the lighting. Meet you later then."

*******************

At last, the set is completely done, lighting set ups and cameras are readied, models are all stylishly prepared for the photoshoot. Jimin was carrying again some boxes to be set aside and tidied, when he bumped slightly against a person. "Oh! I'm sorry. Please excuse me." Jimin hurriedly apologized.

"Jimin! What are you doing here and why are you carrying those boxes?!" Jessi, the designer exclaimed in surprise.

"Madam, aah M-Miss Jessi. W-What are you doing here? Oh! You must be... " Jimin was embarrassed as his ignorance about fashion became obvious.

"Yes. I am the creator of these clothes. They are my streetwear designs. I'm here just to take a short look of how everything's doing. And you did not answer my question... what are you doing with those boxes?" Her eyebrows raised quizzically.

And Jimin, though a bit embarrassed, chuckled and smiled proudly at the designer and explained.

Midway between the photoshoot, Miss Jessi thought of ringing Jungkook and scold him for making his fiancé do this kind of jobs, while she observed Jimin hard at work being commanded here and there like a lowly servant. Do this, do that, hold this, bring that... 'That kind of beauty should be the one to be served, should be the one who commands,' Jessi thought, 'that beauty should be modeling my upcoming new collection and he should be the one being pampered like a royalty. What a pitiful , wasted beauty.' So she called Jungkook.

Originally published Oct8,2022

************************

Jessi- rapper, singer, entertainer (I think you know her more than I do)who vibed most with Jimin and RM in Jhope's JITB party who talked with Jimin for like almost 40mins about life and said in her insta live how Jimin is such a good kid

Jessi- rapper, singer, entertainer (I think you know her more than I do)who vibed most with Jimin and RM in Jhope's JITB party who talked with Jimin for like almost 40mins about life and said in her insta live how Jimin is such a good kid. ❤

Doesn't her name sound like a designer's and she looks like a cool fashion designer too haha! So appropriate I think for the character.