THE FAKE ACT

After my little weeping act, I get up and look in the mirror. 

I had to act normal. I just had to be with him for a few days. Then I would be in Duskwood, I would ignore him and enjoy myself with my friends and after a while, I would be back home. 

I will not talk unless necessary and try my best to express that he was causing inconvenience in my life and act unbothered of him. That way, he will have no care for me anymore, he would love to get rid of me as soon as possible. It sounded a pretty great idea because what else would he have expected? we didn't know each other. we were strangers owing each other favors. we didn't have to be nice and kind to each other. And I think that now that I had met him and it was confirmed that he wasn't interested in me, I would finally be able to get over him. 

Perfect. 

I splash freezing water on my face several times before getting out. 

He was on the bed. His eyes were closed. But just as I get out, I see his eyes snap open and he sits up immediately. His eyes stare at me hungrily like he would love to eat me raw right now. I don't move. 

A few minutes pass and he slightly opens his mouth as if he was about to say something but then closes it again.

I make my way to my backpack and opening it, I choose a random top and denim shorts and close it shut. 

"Why were you crying?" His cold voice scares me, now he is just a few inches away from me. 

I pretend as if he never said anything and walk to the bathroom again but he stops me pulling my hand and turning me around so he can see my face.

I try breaking away but his grip is strong "Jake, let me go."

"Why were you crying?" He asks me, softer this time. 

"Jake, you're hurting me." 

He lets it go. 

"I'm sorry." He says and I look at him. He continues "Was it the nightmare or something else that made you cry so much?"

While I'm still deciding how to respond, he says "Is it me who made you cry?" without waiting for an answer he speaks again "I know I've already asked a lot from you, bought you great danger every time and now I appear in your life again and ruin everything. And I hate myself for it but, I promised to protect you once and I couldn't risk ignoring that my pursuers were after you again even if I wasn't sure of it, I had to keep you safe, and just like I promise to protect you, I promise that I will never appear in your life ever again after this."

He promised to never again appear in my life...

I kiss him soft, light as a feather. I could feel him tense but he doesn't move or push me away. 

After just a few seconds, I pull back "Don't you dare promise me that."

He stares at my lips and I feel my whole body go hot. I could feel him breathe as he lowered his head and his lips brushed mine. This soft contact makes me gasp, then he tilts his head slightly, supports my head with his hand in my hair, and deepens the kiss. In a second, everything changes. The kiss turns rough and raw, filled with passion and need, and want. When we parted, we both were breathless. 

Suddenly, I realized that Jake had taken a few steps back "Oh my god." He was still breathing heavily from the kiss. I could see him thinking of what to say, he started "I..."

But I cut him off "You don't have to say anything." I knew this was unexpected and very fast. but.... it was amazing. We were both confused, it would be better to talk about it later. 

I grab my clothes and turn to inform him "I'm going to get changed."

"Jade." He calls.

I stop. 

"I don't regret it." 

I feel happiness rush through me "Me too." 

I can't help smiling in the bathroom. It was crazy as I had just made a perfect plan to stay away from him and then in a few minutes, I forget all about it. 

I curse myself taking off my clothes but at the same time smiling "What is wrong with me?"

My head was rushing through asking me loads of questions about what was going to happen now. Did he like me because he said he didn't regret it? What was he thinking right now? But I chose not to think about all this at all. I didn't want to ruin this moment. 

When I get out, he is nowhere. I didn't need to search anywhere because the room was not very big. I could see there was no living being in the room except me. I thought he must've had some work. Something he had to take care of perhaps? So, I pack my stuff and wait. 

After a few minutes, I try the door and discover it's locked from the outside. There was no spare key. His stuff was gone. 

Where was he? Why did he leave without saying anything? He could've informed me if he needed to go somewhere. 

I sit on the bed for hours and watch the sunset. 

Still no sign of him. At that moment, I didn't know what to think. Was he taken? Had they found us? 

I shivered when my deepest fear came to the surface. 

Had he locked me in here on purpose?