CHAPTER 14 : Beginning of her fall

Mira's pov

Atharv caught my wrist and shoved me inside his car.

"Atharv, where are you taking me? I want to see my parents....i want to show him Anurag's truth....give me the papers..."

"It's not the right time Mira, i won't take any risk regarding your safety...i heard the news that Anurag has been released from the jail....he can come after you anytime...so it's better that you should hide for few days..."- Atharv started his car.

I stared at him in shock.

"But i will be safe with my parents..."- i said to him.

"You will be only safe with me....what if Anurag already has convinced your parents? You have already seen how much your parents trust Anurag...."

I kept silent. He has point. But I'm dying from inside to show mom and dad his true face.

Few weeks back, Atharv showed me the details. I find out that Anurag is planning to sell my father's company illegally. Atharv knew about his motive that's why Anurag was keeping me away from Atharv.

But after knowing the whole truth, i see only red out of anger. I felt extreme pain from inside. It's true that i never liked Anurag but i felt he is a good person. My trust shattered completely that night. I cried so much.

The thing that Anurag is backstabbing my father broke my heart. My father considered him as his own son, he gave him a life and what he did in return?

He is planning to destroy my father!

I started to hate Anurag so much. That night Atharv gave me the idea to destroy Anurag. He showed me the exact way through which i can hurt him.

So, i started to act with him. I started to play with his emotion. I just wanted to take revenge from him.

But something changed inside me while playing this love game with him.

I started to feel weak from inside. Whenever he stared at me deeply, i felt the beating of my heart which i never felt before.

I tried hard to shrug those foreign feelings and focused on my goal but i failed miserably. Whenever i looked into his eyes, i only saw love and admiration for me. I found no deception. I found only honesty.

But then whenever i remembered the evidences which Atharv showed me, i understood that Anurag is a great actor. He is hiding his true face.

I stared out of the window and unknowingly some tears spilled down to my cheeks.

Why my heart is churning in pain? Why my heart is aching so much? Why I'm feeling like to go back and hug my husband tightly?

Why I'm feeling like to cry and cry until no tears left inside me?

Why his painful eyes are bothering me?

I did the right thing, then why I'm feeling so much guilt?

When the police officers were dragging him, i felt so much pain from inside.

He was planning our destruction, i did the right thing to save my family from his evil intentions.

Then why something so strange is screaming inside me?

"Mira, don't stress yourself too much....have some water and try to sleep...everything will be fine"

I took the water from Atharv and drank in one go. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep.

"You can't study in empty stomach"

"This will protect you in my absence...."

"You are very very immature Mira...i wish one day you will get mature enough to understand me"