CHAPTER 9: His ignorance

Mira's pov

I came after applying for fellowship. I'm feeling little nervous. They took my interview and i answered all the questions properly, still I'm feeling bit nervous.

I saw Anurag standing at the entrance of our University and talking with Inaya. I was really shocked after seeing him with Inaya with that much of confidence. And also seeing Inaya smiling that much with Anurag.

She is a celebrity. She is doing her masters from our university. I have always seen her ignoring the boys around her. She never spared a single glance to our University boys who always roam around her like a puppy and can do anything just to grab her one single glance.

And here she is not only speaking with Anurag, infact leaning to his bike and sometimes laughing hard.

I don't know why but this thing didn't settle well with me. I didn't like her proximity with Anurag.

Wait wait wait!! Don't you dare to think that I'm jealous! No way. Actually it didn't bother me if Anurag talk with any other girls.

I walked forward completely ignoring both of them.

"Mira....."- i heard Anurag's voice and i stopped.

I turned my head at them with arrogance. I stared at Inaya.

She is damn beautiful!

Really bengali girls are way too sweet looking and beautiful.

Anurag is also a bengali. May be that's why he is admiring her so much. While we are Gujrati.

Don't compare yourself with Inaya. You are also beautiful Mira.

Her skin is glowing so much. For the first time in my life i felt inferiority complex infront of someone.

I stood confidently but i failed miserably.

"She is my wife Mira....and Mira, she is Bengali actress Inaya"- Anurag introduced me.

For a second i found Inaya's face turned pale but immediately she covered that expression and gave her hand to me.

"Hi, myself Inaya...tumi khub sundor Mira"

(You are very beautiful Mira)

I don't know why but i felt like she is teasing me like this. Anyone could say that she is hundred times beautiful than me but look here she is ready to portray her image as so humble infront of Anurag.

Bloody show off Queen!

"She is university topper"- Anurag said this proudly.

Immediately my eyes shot up at him. I can see a proud glow on his face when he said that. A wave of happiness ran through my body. Him praising me is something that felt so good suddenly.

"Oh wow Mira...i didn't know that..so beauty with brains...amazing"- Inaya also praised me.

Her smile is also captivating. I found Anurag is also reciprocating the smile. My heart again fell.

"Now i gotta go.....Anurag please come to my place with Mira, i would really like to enjoy both of your company...bye...."- Inaya get inside her car and waved her hand at us.

Anurag kept staring at her way of exit. I tapped his shoulder and he turned his head towards me.

"Done checking her out?"- i asked him.

His brow creased in confusion.

"What?? You are mistaking me, she is a good friend that's all"- Anurag said while getting on his bike.