Hold On

Connor's POV:

"Stuck?! We are stuck here?!" Cassidy panicked.

"Cass, relax. It could be a lot worse." I told her hoping to calm her nerves.

"How so?!"

"Well, if we were anymore to the right, we would have slammed right into that tree and we wouldn't be having this conversation right now."

Cassidy rolled her eyes. I looked out the window and there was still no sign of Luke but he knows where I turned so I don't know how long we'd have until he'd find us down in this ditch. Plus it's hard to see with the snow. But for the real matter here, how the hell we were supposed to get out of here?

Riley's POV:

By the time Kenzie and I got back to the cabin, you could barely see 2 feet in front of you. The warmth of the cabin unfroze my numb fingers as Kenzie and I began to take off my snow covered jackets.

"Cannot wait for that Starbucks." I mentioned as Kenzie and I joined everyone in the living room.

"Wait, where are Connor and Cassidy?" I asked looking around uncertain.

"They're not back yet. I'm worried." Rachel said pacing around. "The snow is getting worse and your mom can't get ahold of them." She continued.

"It keeps going straight to voicemail." My mom said continuing to dial over and over again.

I grabbed my jacket and put it back on despite it being frozen from the snow.

"I'm coming with you." Kenzie told me.

"No. It's not safe."

"And it's safe for you?! I'm going." She told me as she got her jacket back on and made her way to the door. "You've been there for me and we stuck through all of this together. So we are going together for this, too."

She is so persistent. Luckily my parents were in the kitchen so by the time they would realize what we were doing, we'd be gone. Kenzie and I made out way through the snow, driving a measly 10 miles per hour. There were still tracks on the road from a car that passed not to long ago, or it seemed that way anyway. There was nothing on this road. No stores, houses, anything.

I just wanted a simple getaway. That was ending tomorrow and we'd be back to reality of the warmth of Florida. I missed Florida and the usual Starbucks. But that wasn't my main focus right now.

"Look! There's skid marks in the snow over there!" Kenzie pointed out to a sharp turn.

Our eyes widened as I got closer to the sharp turn. Hope for the best but expect the worst came to my mind. Going down the road I noticed a car right beside a tree. As we got closer, we realized it was the car that Connor had taken out for Starbucks. I increased speed slightly until we reached the car. Kenzie ran out of the car and over to the other. I put the car in park and grabbed the keys out of the ignition.

"What the hell happened?!" Kenzie panicked as Connor and Cassidy got out of the car.

"Nothing. It was just hard to drive. We slid and got stuck." Connor responded as Cassidy and Kenzie hugged.

"But Connor, what about-" Cassidy began.

"Cass, we're fine." He shot a glare to Cassidy with an 'I'll talk to you later' look as he hugged a very worried Kenzie.

Something was going on. But they wouldn't tell us.

"Let's go. We'll get someone to tow the car later. Everyone is worried about you both. It's best that we just get back to the place. We can start packing for tomorrow anyways." I told them as we all walked to the car.

They were hiding something. I could tell by the way they exchanged glances the whole way back to the cabin. Once we got back, we were all overwhelmed with overdramatic hugs all around. I rolled my eyes and walked back to my room as Kenzie followed.

"Why are you acting like this?" Kenzie asked.

"Don't you think it's a little suspicious that they just slid down that sharp turn leading to nowhere? They got stuck. They had to be driving away from something." I told her.

Kenzie shrugged. "Just be happy that they are okay. Today is the last day here. Can we enjoy it and worry about drama when we get back?" She asked as she wrapped her arms around me.

I nodded and gave a half smile before kissing the top of her head. What was Connor hiding?

Author's note: Hey guys! Sorry it took me forever to update! Blame school :P Sorry this chapter sucks. But I do have some plans with Luke coming in the near future. So that should be interesting. Why don't you think that Connor wanted Kenzie and Riley to know about Luke? Any predictions? Leave them in the comments! (: Vote, give me feedback, and what not. Thanks for reading. (:

~Cassandra