Christmas

"Wake up! Wake up! WAKE UP!!" Riley yelled as he pounced up and down on the bed before landing right on top of me.

"Well isn't that a pleasant way to wake up in the morning." I respond sarcastically but laughing some.

"Merry Christmas, beautiful." Riley smiled as he kissed me softly before rolling off of me.

“Merry Christmas to you, Riley." I said kissing him back.

I looked out the window to see snow falling. I loved that sight. Riley came up behind me and wrapped his arms tightly around my waist. He kissed my cheek gently noticing that I was distraught.

"Hey, I know that this is a huge change than what you're used to but I want to make this the best Christmas that you've had. I know that you are worried about Luke but I want you to enjoy today. I know that everyone wants to exchange gifts together but I want to give you yours now since we're alone."

I sat on the bed while he dug in his suitcase. He pulled out a little gift bag and handed it to me as he sat beside me. I removed the tissue paper to see two boxes individually wrapped. I opened one to see a pair of studded earrings. The other was a necklace. The necklace had an infinity symbol that had two hearts on it. It was one of the prettiest necklaces that I have ever seen. I stood up and Riley put the necklace on for me. I looked into the mirror and smiled brightly.

"I love it, and I love you." I kissed him then went to get his present from my bag. "Sorry that it isn't too much." I told him as I handed him two boxes.

He opened the first box to reveal a scrapbook that I had made for him filled with pictures taken over the last few months of the two of us together.

"How on earth did you have time to do all of this? Especially when we live in the same house..." He asked while flipping through the pages.

"I have my ways." I giggled slightly. "Do you like it?" I asked hoping that he would.

"I love it." He smiled as he finished going through the scrapbook.

I handed him a smaller box. He unwrapped it then pulled out a little book of playing cards on it that were held together by two metal rings. The top card read "52 things I love about you. ~Kenzie" The inside was filled with the many reasons that I love Riley. He went through every single one of them right then and there.

"This is one of the best things that I have ever gotten." Riley said as he put the presents down on the bed beside the two of us.

"I'm glad you like it." I kissed him on the cheek then got up from the bed. "Come on; let's go out to the living room where everyone is probably waiting on us."

We walked out to the living room hand in hand where everyone was sitting around by the Christmas tree. The room was filled with everyone wishing each other a Merry Christmas as Christmas music played softly on the radio. We were all dressed in pajamas and there was hot chocolate for everyone while the fire was going in the fireplace. It was the perfect way to spend Christmas morning.

“Kenzie! Where did you get that necklace?!" Cassidy asked. "It's gorgeous!"

"Riley gave it to me for my Christmas gift." I smiled.

"I know I was supposed to wait to give it to her but I wanted to give it to her alone." Riley told everyone as we sat down on one of the love seats.

"No worries." Braiden said as he puts his arm around Tayler.

"So, who's first?!" Riley asked as he looked at everyone around.

"I'll go!" Rachel said eagerly as she handed Toby a huge oddly shaped box.  He tore off the wrapping paper and his face filled with shock and joy as he saw what it was.