The Storm

I woke up the next morning smiling. That was rare. Riley was sound asleep so I didn't disturb him. I crawled out of bed and brushed my hair before leaving the room. No one needed to see the mess that is my hair in the mornings. I crept out of the bedroom hoping not to disturb anyone. The only people awake so far were Connor and Braiden which surprised me. Normally Cassidy is the one to wake Connor up because he won't get up.

"Hey, Kenz, how'd you sleep?" Connor asked as I sat between him and Braiden on the couch.

"For once, really good." I smiled.

"Why are you all smiley?" Braiden asked while poking one of my cheeks.

"I was just thinking how miserable I was months ago. Then that night you guys got pizza and Riley found me." I laughed some then continued. "Thank you..."

"For what?" Connor asked unsure.

"For getting pizza that night." I responded.

"Thank Thomas for that. We were practicing but he wouldn't shut up because he was so hungry." Braiden laughed.

"Typical. But really, thank you for everything." I smiled as the two embraced me in the middle tightly.

"Excuse me, I would like to get in on this hugging fest with MY girlfriend if you don't mind." Riley said as he walked over to me with his bedhead.

I stood up and reached my arms up to wrap around his neck. We both tightened our grasp and continued to hold on until Braiden and Connor joined in and wrapped their arms around Riley and I. We stood there awkwardly for a minute until Riley pushed the two away.

"I want Starbucks." Connor mentioned.

"You always do." Riley remarked.

"And you don't?" I responded lifting an eyebrow up and placing a hand on my hip.

"Whatever, I'm waking people up to see who wants Starbucks." Connor responded wasting no time and running back to the bedrooms.

"Do you want to go?" Riley asked me.

"Not really. I was hoping we could go on a walk together. I wanna spend some time in the snow. I mean, we don't get this chance very often." I told him hoping he'd go with me instead.

"Sure, I'll have Connor get me my Peppy Mocha." Riley smiled as he kissed the top of my head.

"Woah, he chose you over Starbucks. He's a keeper." Braiden joked as Riley rolled his eyes.

I smiled and kissed Riley softly. "I love you." I told him.

"TOO MUCH PDA THIS EARLY!" Cassidy mentioned as she walked into the living room.

We all laughed. Connor and Cassidy got ready and left to go to Starbucks on their own while everyone else stayed back at the cabin. Riley and I got dressed and left the cabin and walked around in the snow hand in hand. We came across this open field covered in snow. It was one of the prettiest things I have ever seen to say the least. We stood in the open field wrapped in each other's arms. But we were both quiet.

"What's on your mind?" Riley questioned.

"How perfect my boyfriend is." I responded with a bug smile on my face.

"Oh really now? What's his name?"

"You wouldn't know him." I laughed. I pulled away and leaned down and picked up a handful of snow.

"Don't you dare even thi-" Riley was cut off as snow hit him directly in the face.

Riley was about to retaliate but I stopped him by pulling him tightly in my arms. It took him a second but he wrapped his arms back around me.

"You're cold." Riley whispered to me as his hold on me got tighter.

"Yeah? Well hug me tighter then."

We stood in the open field wrapped in each other's arms as the snow fell. I leaned up to look at the snow but my eyes met Riley's before they reached the sky. He leaned in slowly and kissed me.

"The snow is getting harder. Let's go back to the cabin. Connor and Cassidy should be back soon." Riley mentioned.

I nodded and we began walking back to the cabin.

Connor's POV:

The snow was crazy. But that wasn't going to stop me from getting my Starbucks. Nothing was going to stop that. But as we drove further down this road, the snow got harder and harder.

"Connor are you sure we are even going in the right direction?!" Cassidy asked looking around out the window. "The road is like abandoned and we can barely see with all of the snow falling." She continued.

"I don't even know." I responded completely unsure now.

"Can we go back? Connor please, the snow is getting harder." Cassidy's face showed a huge look of concern.

I pulled over to the side of the road in hopes of finding some sort of clue as to where we were. It was one of those roads where it was just road. No stores, houses, or anything that could possibly help us.

"Call your mom." Cassidy told me. I got my phone out to see no signal.

"Great." I said. "I'll just turn around and we'll go back."

"Connor, who is that pulling up behind us?" Cassidy asked me as she pointed to a black car. The door opened and all I could see was a dark figure.

The person knocked on the window until I began to roll it down.

"Connor, drive!" Cassidy yelled to me as the window was slightly cracked.

"Wait what?!" I asked in confusion.

"It's Luke. Drive! NOW!" She repeated. I put the car in drive quickly and hit the gas leaving Luke behind.

"How do you know it was him?" I questioned.

"I know his car. I go to school with the kid. Just drive."

I followed Cassidy's orders until the same black car caught up to us. I saw a turn ahead so I turned the wheel sharply in hopes of getting away. Instead, we began to slip on ice and drove off the road.

"Cassidy..." I began.

"What?" Cassidy responded terrified.

"We're stuck."

"What do you mean 'stuck'?" She asked freaking out some while grabbing the collar to my jacket.

"I mean that we aren't going anywhere anytime soon..." I finished.

Author's note: HEYYYY!!!! Sorry that it took me 2 months to update. Hopefully I'll be updating more often. But the drama is back! How do you think this situation is going to play out? Vote, comment, and what not. Once again sorry it took me forever to update but I hope you like this chapter! (:

~Cassandra