I shot Rosalie a look. She rolled her eyes and walked to stand beside our mother.

Smart ass.

As I took a long look at Zayn, his eyebrow arched. But before he could say anything, Rosalie cut him off.

"Anyways, I asked Zayn and Cruz to join us for dinner. I heard from mother you haven't been in contact with any of your best friends lately—"

"Friends, Rosie." I swear to God. She's really testing me. "We're not some fifteen years old girls. We don't go around and define ourselves as bff."

"Can you stop being so dramatic all the time?"

Zayn scoffed, "Kind of hard of him to do. Maturity has never truly been your brother's strong suit."

"You mean yours?" I hated the way I couldn't help it but was smiling at them, "How've you been?"

"Just surviving." Zayn replied, "You?"

I shrugged.

"The other days, I saw the news." My sister randomly announced as she walked up to join our circle. With a sly smirk on her face, she commented, "It's a pretty nice car you got, Zayn but talk about overspending."

"Jealous much?" He teased her back. I didn't know but I am truly hating this exchange. Despite how innocent and incredible disturbing my friend might find it to be.

"Nah." Rosalie shrugged, "I just didn't know you're into Bugatti."

"Zayn is into a lot of things you don't know, Rose." Cruz added, looking at my sister with a smug smile.

My hand automatically reached up and came in contact with the back of his head.

"Shut the fuck up, will you?" I snapped.

"Okay, boys. No more arguments." An authoritative female voice came from behind me. I turned around to see no one else, but my own mother, "Have a seat and in a minute, I'm going to ask for the maids to bring out the food."

"And these are not food, mother?" I said, glancing at no less than twenty plates sitting on my twelve-seater dining table.

"Some of it, yes." She clapped her hands together just as suddenly a big, joyous smile erupted, "We still have my usual slow-roast beef rib with shallot gravy, Rosalie's favorite green bean casserole, and your father's gluten-free vegan pizza."

I looked over at father.

"Don't look at me like that." He let out a small laugh. It had been a while since I heard that noise. It was weird but my chest swelled with contentment, "Happy wife, happy life, boys." He added and I shook my head.

"I feel bad for you, father."

"Don't you dare." Mother shot us both a death glance, "I have busted my butt off working on cooking all these food. There better not be any leftovers by the end of the meal."

"You mean a feast, mother?" Rosalie taunted.

"Have a seat, Rosalie." Mother waved a hand towards the table, "And you can quit with your snarky comments, I am sure your brother will appreciate it too."