Chapter Ten : The Defeated Of Scarlett

THE NEXT MORNING, OUT AND ABOUT IN THE SMALL TOWN ARRINGTON I had tagged along with Maggie in her classic Volkswagen car.

"I looked at the copy of Scarlett Sweeney's psychological profile. Scarlett has a sociopathic behavior." Maggie tells me.

"So, how are we gonna stop her?" I asked Maggie.

"Don't know, but perhaps, your Uncle Sheriff Dave and Meredith can be helpful with a bit leverage." Maggie said. "And by the way, Sheriff Dave Williams is like an uncle to you, because he knows your parents and you're like a niece to him."

"Yep." I said.

Maggie stops her car, and we both gets out, closing the car doors.

"Special Agent Maggie Pollard." My Uncle Sheriff Dave said, and looks at me. "Hi, Violet."

"Hi, Uncle Sheriff Dave." I said with a small smile.

Dave Williams and I exchange small smiles at each other.

"Hey, guys." Meredith said.

"Hey, Meredith." Maggie and I said in unison.

"Maggie, this may help you with Scarlett Sweeney." Meredith said, handing her a file folder.

"Is this it?" Maggie asked, with the file folder in her hand.

"It is." Meredith said.

"Thanks, Meredith. I'll see you two around." Maggie said, walking away.

And I walks after Maggie. "What's with the file folder?"

Maggie just small smiles at me as we keep walking.

ꨄꨄ

SPECIAL AGENT OPS FIELD OFFICE

Maggie and I are sitting at the round table, looking at some forensic photos of three dead bodies with their throat silts in the Woodland Woods.

And the culprit is Scarlett Sweeney.

"Does my Uncle Sheriff Dave knows of Scarlett Sweeney?" I asked Maggie.

"Sure, he does. He's gonna be awaiting us both with Meredith at the Arrington Asylum Facility." Maggie said.

"And so, you and I just need Scarlett Sweeney." I said.

"Yep. And like you told me, she's posing as a high school student at Somerville High, so, she's not really a high school student." Maggie said.