chapter twenty four

- bokuto pov -

i wasn't crying. just a little bit, but that was just because i received a volleyball to the face. it hurt like hell and i had to sit out of practice for the rest of the night since my nose wouldn't stop bleeding.

during my time away from the camera, i heard y/n call out my name and then another voice. "y/n, do you- is that bokuto?" i looked back at my phone to see a black screen.

"no, what? who?" the camera started to move and the phone was soon picked up.

"i want to see him!" i'm guessing that the voice belonged to y/n and tsukki's older brother. "the boy who kissed my little sister!" definitely the older brother.

"just stop talking." y/n groaned and the brother's face came into the camera. i rolled back until my face in frame.

"you're bokuto, right?" he pushed y/n's hand off his mouth.

"no, he's not." y/n tried to get her phone back but her brother kept moving her phone away.

"the one and only." i grinned.

"so, you're the dude who kis-"

"okay! that's enough." she interrupted and seemed to do something that caused her brother to give her phone back. "out, get out." her phone was now facing the ceiling and i heard her door shut. "i'm sorry about him."

"it's cool, i wanna meet your family."

"bokuto?" i looked back at her and noticed she propped her phone back up. "what's your soulmate like?" i paused and thought about it.

my soulmate used to be someone i used to think about all the time and now most of my thoughts are y/n which i don't know if that's good or bad.

"oh, well." i tried to think of words. i didn't want to say stuff that would expose my soulmate too much. "they used to be pretty sad and cry every other night, but it stopped recently. what about yours?"

"barely gets sad, but when they do get sad, it's only for a short amount of time." i leaned back on the back legs of my chair and thought about her words.

that could be me. i never wanted anything more than for that to be me.

"you never told me how your day was." i bought up to lead the conversation away from the discussion of soulmates. she answered my question and we continued talking until we both grew tired.

~~~

i was very excited today. karasuno was coming back to tokyo to practice before qualifiers and that meant y/n was coming back.

i've been staring at the door since the day started and i'm positive the door has been getting more of my attention than the volleyball which is very strange for me.

the moment finally came back karasuno showed up. my eyes searched the group for y/n, but she wasn't in the front or the middle of the group. i did see tsukki though. "hey tsukki! jump block for me!"

"yes, thanks for working with me."

"what." i exclaimed and leaned away from him. that's not the tsukki i know and judging by akaashi's face he wasn't used to this tsukki either.

"you're the one who asked. why are you surprised?" akaashi asked me and we walked back to the court where kuroo and lev were. tsukki joined us and i was two seconds away from asking where his sister was.