chapter twenty one

- y/n pov -

it was our last day at training camp and i didn't want to leave. not when i've finally realized my feelings for bokuto and fully accepted them.

"i like him." i sat down on the other side of the table from maria at breakfast while she was tearing apart pieces of toast. she looked up at me and raised one eyebrow.

"i thought we went over this a couple of days ago." she groaned.

"we did, but this is me coming to you for help." i waved my finger between us and then clasped my hands together. "so, give me all the things you've been saving up for me." she stared at me for a second before going back to her toast.

"honestly, my best idea would be for me just to tell him that you like him cause everyone- and i mean everyone- knows that he likes you." she glanced over my shoulder. "he's coming so if you don't say no in five seconds i'm gonna tell him." this all came out of her mouth like it was her everyday job.

"no! i want to tell him myself." i rushed out and she nodded.

"hey hey hey! it's your last day here, isn't it?" bokuto patted my head before moving to sit next to maria and across from me. akaashi took the seat next to me and played with the bottle of water he had in his hands.

bokuto slid a cup of fruit over to me and i graciously took it. the little fruit cups he gets me every morning make me unbelievably happy every morning and i'm starting to think they're the reason to my good mood these past couple of days.

"yeah, but we're coming later." i picked up a blueberry and put it in my mouth. i looked at him up and down. it's also become a habit for me to check him out every morning.

"it's gonna be weird without seeing you two around." akaashi rested his chin on top of his palm.

"don't miss us too much." i smiled at him and he smiled back. out of the corner of my eye, i noticed bokuto staring at me intently. "do i have something on my face?" i started running my hands over my cheeks.

"nope." he leaned back in his seat and continued staring. "just looking at you as much as i can before you leave." maria cleared her throat with her eyebrows raised at me. "i don't want you to go."

"i don't want to go either."

"then stay!" bokuto suggested.

"she can't do that, bokuto." akaashi began to drink from his water bottle and stole some stuff from bokuto's tray.

"but you'll be back soon won't you?" he asked hopefully. "for the other training camp."

"yeah. that's what daichi told me." i replied and bokuto grinned at my answer.

i'll miss that grin.

~~~

"what are they even doing?" i asked and took a picture of tanaka, noya, hinata, and kageyama dancing. i think it was dancing? i'm not exactly sure what to call exactly what they were doing.

"daichi told them we're having a barbecue after our last games." kiyoko explained.

"ooo that's cool." i looked down at the picture of the guys and began to send it to the guys, but a feeling ran through me. soulmate. it's been a while since that happened. or maybe it had happened before but i was just too occupied with my feelings towards bokuto.

"who are we playing against?"

"fukurodani." i looked up and started to watch the game that was going on.

"cheering on your boyfriend today?" maria bumped her hip against mine. "i'm kidding." she said once i didn't answer. "i know you're loyal to karasuno despite the hotshot you've been dying to kiss for the past week."