chapter seventeen

- y/n pov -

"up, up, up." kinoshita pulled me up and out of the futon before i even processed he was standing next to me. "you have to go to the training camp today. you're one of the managers for crying out loud."

"i'm up, i'm up." i swatted his hands away and rolled over to grab my toothbrush and clothes. "now go away."

"i'm following you to the bathroom cause if i don't you're probably going to run back in here and fall back asleep." kinoshita walked out with me.

"i won't." i covered my mouth and yawned. true to his words, kinoshita stood outside while i changed into gym clothes and got ready for the day.

"maybe you can ask coach ukai if you can play with us." he suggested.

"nah, this camp is for you're benefit. you guys are the worst ones out there." i said truthfully.

"don't need to remind me." he glared at me and i raised my hands up before walking ahead of him into the gym. everyone was already warming up inside and my eyes sought out one person.

bokuto glanced over at the doors when it closed and he smiled at me- in my direction. he started to walk over to me and kinoshita patted my back before he walked away from me.

"hey hey hey! morning y/n!" he didn't stop when he walked but instead he wrapped an arm around my shoulders and turned on his heels to face me.

"good morning." i could feel my skin warming from his touch which was insane because i didn't know i could get so affected by him like that.

i was hopeful that he wouldn't have remembered the last thing i said to him last night or he didn't think too much about it.

i still don't know what made me say that. i'm never that bold. that one sentence i said was replaying in my mind all night and i could barely sleep because of one stupid sentence that my stupid mouth decided to say.

"hellooo?" there was a tap on the side of my head. i turned my head and was met with pain in the eye. "i didn't mean to do that! i didn't think that you would've turned your head!"

i covered my eye with my hand and squeezed it shut to lessen the uncomfortable sting. "it's okay." i could see bokuto flapping his hands around, trying to help me. "bokuto, honestly, i'm okay."

"i am really sorry."

a shiver ran through me and bokuto noticed that. "why are you shivering?" he panicked. "it's hot outside if you're cold you can go outside."

"no, it's just-" another cold feeling. "soulmate things."

"bokuto!" a fukurodani player shouted out for him. "games starting!" he didn't even bat an eye at his teammate.

"you should go. it's just a little poke in the eye." i waved him off but he was persistent to stay. "go." i placed my hands on his back- very firm back- and pushed him forwards.

"okay okay." bokuto looked back at my eye one more time before running off. i watched him go before turning back to my team.

"hey." maria looked up at me from where she was sitting. i could tell she definitely saw me with bokuto and was just waiting to say something.

"get it out with." i fixed up the water bottles in the bin while she began to talk.

"you guys are so cute." she groaned. "like the awkward kind of cute. i mean, you're awkward around him, but he's all bubbly. you should see the way he looks for you when you're not looking though."