Not only that. the housekeeper even told them that if they were unaccustomed to any of the furniture or items in the courtyard, they could tell the housekeeper and some money could be taken out to account for new ones.

The housekeeper was the madame's person. This wasn't logical. Qi Yue and Qi Xuan had deliberated over the servants' motives and intentions but still weren't able to decipher their purpose behind the goodwill.

Shen Liang laughed sarcastically. "It's not strange. Liu Shuhan has always been concerned about her reputation and public image. Since I have returned, it would be inevitable for me to go out and meet others. As eldest brother has now achieved great meritorious deeds, praises circulate both in and out of court. If the public were to discover that my living conditions weren't even comparable to that of servants, how would they look at Liu Shuhan? Not only such, but Liu Shuhan would need to determine exactly how to raise me well and treat my body in the shortest possible time. Don't be courteous and if anything is needed, just tell them."

In just one breath, Shen Liang rooted out Liu Shuhan's intentions. He had seen too much of this scheme in his previous life. After marrying Qin Yunshen, he had been exposed to numerous schemes and conspiracies in the fourth prince's palace. After, he became the empress and such schemes only harshened and intensified. Their means became crueler and more complicated. It wasn't that Shen Liang didn't understand. He simply didn't care. If he was correct, Liu Shuhan would seek out other means of silencing him. But would she succeed?

Thinking of this, Shen Liang's beautiful cherry blossom lips exposed a sneer. He wouldn't be a fool in this life and stupidly cooperate. Who was the predator and who was the prey was still unknown! 

"So we don't have to live so bitterly anymore?"

Qi Xuan's temper was easy to ignite. In other words, such people were also relatively naïve. Even Qi Yue was helpless against her innocence. She shook her head and said helplessly, "Don't just look at the surface. If the madame is adamant about silencing Liangliang, such a place isn't much better off than living in the countryside. In the future, we'd need to be more clever and resourceful."

"En, what Yue Ge said is right. Xuan Ge, in the future, speak less. In the country, those who are unhappy display their emotions nakedly on their face. It's different here. On the surface, they'll smile like fairy, but who knows just what they have planned behind our backs." *Qi Yue and Qi Xuan appears to be Gers. Their pronouns will now change to he/him/his.*

Shen Liang agreed with QI Yue. Originally, he was still worried that Qi Yue would be too compassionate. It seems like even his compassion depended on who it was fed to. He was still able to see very clearly just what kind of character those at the Marquis Manor have. However...

"I know. Just like the seventh young lady, correct?"

Qi Xuan who had been repeatedly lectured by his brother and Shen Liang wasn't unhappy. He instead smiled and watched as Shen Liang and Qi Yue laugh. If possible, they all wish Qi Xuan would be able to always maintain his simplicity and innocence.

"Liangliang, are you really planning on just letting the madame go with the matter regarding the bandits? Why don't you go to the court to expose them? At least say something to the Marquis? She overstepped her bounds this time! They came after your life."

As his smile dissipated, a frown emerged on Qi Yue's face. The topic once again returned. Shen Liang shook his head, "What they wanted wasn't my life. They wanted to bandits to take me and simply ruin my reputation. Along with that, so would elder brother's reputation suffer."

As for why Liu Shuhan also kidnapped the young master Duan Yu, that was also for a future plan. But seeing as it had been prevented, Shen Liang had no intentions of pursuing the matter.

Although it was like this, it didn't do any good against Qi Yue and Qi Xuan's anger. They were also Gers and the reputations of Gers was no different than that of women. It meant more than their life. They were driving Liangliang to his death and didn't even neglect to implicate the eldest young master. But the eldest young master was now bringing honor to the Marquis Manor. Weren't they doing too much?!

"Liangliang, let's go find the Marquis."

After a while, Qi Yue reached over to grab Shen Liang's hands. As he was about to rise, Shen Liang forcefully pulled him back down, "What would telling the Marquis do? Who would believe us without the evidence? Even if he did believe me, would he punish Liu Shuhan for me? Yue Ge, have you forgot exactly who despises me the most in this manor?"

For Liu Shuhan and her people to hate him, Shen Liang understood. But for his own father to despise him this much, Shen Liang never comprehended. He would be lying if he said he wasn't hurt. It was what should be injured had already been done so in his previous life. Since the Marquis had never taken him as a son, then he would also neglect to take the Marquis as his father. In this life, Shen Ruiting was also a target of his vengeance.

"Then we're just letting them go like that?"

Not willing! 

QI Yue and Qi Xuan's eyes reddened from the grievance as they gritted their teeth. Their Liangliang was the best. Why did they treat him like this?

"It's impossible to just let them go like this. Rest assured. I will slowly take back what they owe me."

After, Shen Liang rose up and patted their shoulders. He then headed over to the simple desk and took out paper and wrote the word "retribution." Those who have committed evil deeds will face retribution. Nightmares will envelop their dreams. And those with a wolf's heart and a dog's lungs will not escape either.

"Liangliang, your calligraphy..."

Since when did it became so beautiful?

Qi Yue and Qi Xuan headed over to take a look and both were taken aback. The characters were written broadly and magnificently. It was simple, but majestic, with the overall structure relaxed and measured. The strokes were like dragons in floating clouds.