20 - Take A Step Back

Start from the beginning

"I am trying.." I said quietly. "And you don't like me happy because I was in a good mood earlier and you made it seem like I was just drunk when I wasn't. That's not very nice." I paused. "But maybe you're right. This whole thing isn't really going exactly to plan.."

"Luke," Michael sighed. "I love you, I really do. But I don't think that I can do this." I nodded my head. "Obviously to press we have to appear to be dating but..All we do is poison one another, there's no point to it." I nodded again.

Michael did not say anything after that, I think he mumbled an apology, but before I could ask he walked out of the kitchen.

Not too long after me sitting there Ashton walked in, a confused look on his face. "Where's Michael?"

"He left." I said, pointing at the doorway.

Ashton grabbed a cup and began filling it while continuing to speak. "Tell me about what happened Luke, I'm here to listen."

"I think we broke up." I said as Ashton passed me a glass of water. "He said he loves me but he can't handle me."

"What?" Ashton asked. "No offense Luke, but if that's the case he doesn't love you."

"But he - "

"If he loved you, letting you go would be too hard for him. And he's not letting you go for you to be better, he's doing it because he doesn't want to put up with you." Ashton said as he took a sip of his water. "That's the cold truth." When I did not say anything Ashton continued. "I know they say that if you love something, you should let it go. But that's not true at all. If you love something, you should hold onto it and nurture it. Which is why he doesn't love you because in a time for you that's hard, he got up and left. If he cared he would try everything in his power to help you. He would never give up."

"Well he did." I shrugged.

"You don't seem to upset."

"I think I'm still kinda..Buzzed." I replied. "You can either give me another beer and just let it melt away, or wait for me to sober and have the problem harder."

Ashton looked me up and down for a minute before reaching in the fridge and pulling out two bottles of beer.

"No more then this Luke." Ashton said. "But stay away from the pills." I nodded. "And Luke?"

"Yeah?"

"I care about you, if that makes you feel better. I'll always be behind you." Ashton said. "And while giving you alcohol may not be helping, we can worry about your problem in a time when you're strong enough to handle it. I don't need you to be backed up with a million different issues. That wouldn't help at all."

"Thank you Ashton." I said, giving a small smile.

"And I'm sure if you asked Cal, he would help too." Ashton smiled. He awkwardly hugged me from my position on the counter before walking out of the room. Leaving me to drink in a calm - yet eerie - silence.

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION; Lucy

Hello everyone! We - Ariana and I - recently tallied up the votings and the book that won was Doubled, so you can go check it out. There are a few chapters up. It is also a Lashton cause there's like a million Mukes running xD

Also I was looking through the stats, and this is the most popular book and I am putting into consideration how many chapters there are. But this is smaller then Geek Squad and more popular so I feel like it should be put on a higher priority for updates because you guys like it more. You guys should just say which you prefer though, so we know what is more popular for its time.

Also I am going to put some self-advertisements out and say you should read the other stuff, cause it's good too. Maybe not It's Not Always Rainbows and Butterflies because that hasn't been updated in months xD Ariana says it's really hard for her to right because she doesn't really like Malum. She was the same way with the Cake book. Which was a short story, but anyways there's other Muke's - A total of I believe three- and now two Lashton's so you all can have fun on those. Please and thank you :3

Also, (lol third also) We absolutely love it when you guys comment, it helps us get a sense of how you feel about a certain chapter and it helps us when we're going farther into the book. Voting is also nice too because it does effect how much we're willing to update something and if the book is actually liked.

I know I just talked for a bit but just one more thing.. ;3

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX