Seven Bells

"Ahh..." We all groan as we wake up.

"Ah.. my head." Ben groaned. "Not so loud." Klaus said groggily. "Shh." I mourned.

"Klaus, Y/n?" Ben scattered around on the pool table. "Where are you guys?"

"Here." We both replied.

"Don't panic.. nobody should panic." Klaus said still laying on the floor while I tried getting up from the sofa.

"Do you guys...." Ben said "No. Not a single thing." "Nope, you?" Klaus and I said. "Same." He said turning around.

Just as he did that, I noticed the 'asshole' sign that we wrote on his back.

"Oh shit!" I said laughing. "What?" Ben asked. "Oh my lord.." Klaus said covering his mouth.

"Ben-er-ino." He said chuckling.

"Don't call me that." He said with a straight face. "We were making so much progress!" Klaus exclaimed.

"With what?" We both asked.

"With your Mr. Tough Guy routine." Klaus said. "Oh, yeah yeah."

They soon started arguing but I was just trying to find my shoes and my jacket.

"Ah, classic defense mechanism. Pushing away the people who care about you the most." Klaus said as I walked over. "Just like Dad." He said. "Woah, woah, woah. That's enough Klaus." I said pulling him away.

"No." He whispered. "Y'know, it would hurt to try to get to know him just a bit better. You'd be surprised how much love he has to give. And also, he's got this whole plan to save the universe." He clapped.

"Done! One and done!" He said once more.
"Okay, stop." I said as Ben walked away.

"Come on! Ben-er-i" He said as I cut him off. "Seriously Klaus. Stop.. Go fix yourself up okay? I'll try and take care of Ben." I said walking away.

"Ben are you okay?" I said walking up to him. "Fine, totally fine." He kept walking. "Ben, you can't lie to me." I stopped him. "What do you want?" He asked avoiding eye contact. "I-.. fine. You know what. If you want to be alone. You're alone. Maybe Klaus was right." I said walking away.

"Y/n wait.." Ben said quietly.

~~~

Five and dad walked in and we all started cheering. "Wow, Five that speech.. Blew me away. Really." I smiled.

"Okay, enough. It was the booze-talking. In the light of day, you're all still deplorable." Five said.

"And your day's about to get worse," Dad announced. "The Norse had seven sleepers. The Blackfoot, seven stars. As a boy, I heard the legend of the seven bells." He said. "All these stories are the same."

"The village is under threat by flood, by fire, by a night that never ends. A shaman brings his disciples to a sacred cave. He tells them if they can ring the seven magic bells, the village will be saved, and all will be restored just as it was." He said.

"Regie?" Lila rose her hand. "Can we get a little less Brothers Grimm and a little more 'What the hell does this have to do with us'?"

"There is a truth to these myths. None of you can deny what's going on around us. All of existence will be gone by the end of the day, but whoever or whatever wove together space and time, they left a way to put things back together if the universe ever faced total annihilation." He said.

"I'm still confused," I whispered to Allison.

~~~

"I'm in," Ben says standing up and walking towards Dad. I notice him giving me a stare from the corner of my eye.