4 | Four

But honestly I've never had much sympathy
Cause those bad things, I always saw them coming for me

- J Cole

Ginevra

I never returned back to the dining table that night.

Since I was up in my room for the rest of it, I decided to take a long and burning hot shower before stepping out and wrapping myself in a night gown.

The sound of people talking and children laughing came from outside. Drawing my curtains slightly open, I peer down to see my father and brother sending the Stavros' off.
Mrs. Stavros hugged Matteo, letting Rhea say goodbye before the two ladies walked to their car that they had waiting for them.

"Dion, say goodbye now."

"Okay! Bye, Nicco. I'll see you next time!" The little boy waved Nicco goodbye before running after his mother, sitting in the car with them.

I overheard my dads and Mr Stavros' conversation. "Again, I apologize about my daughters behavior tonight. She's not usually like this."

He's right. I don't usually miss my targets, I'll kill him next time.

"It's all well and fine. Im sure Ares took part in causing your daughters reaction." He chuckles.
Ares was the last to walk out of the house, Bella walking beside him as she laughed about something he said to her.

I look in closer, making sure my face was hidden behind the curtain. What were they talking about? Not like I cared or anything, but they've grown quite comfortable after one dinner together.

"Can you do me a favour?"

A favour? What weird shit is he gonna ask of my sister now?

He leans in slightly so only she could hear, and it was bugging me that I couldn't tune in to what they were saying. I catch Bella looking up at my window and I quickly duck down, landing a perfect split as I hold the bottom of my curtain for support.

That was close.

"Yeah, I will." She murmurs, sounding somewhat..disappointed?

That was the last words I heard before the sound of car doors opening and closing gave me the
cue that the coast was clear. Getting back up on my feet, I rub my thighs together; not enjoying the carpet burn my split gave me.

Ares got into a separate car, confirming he came by himself tonight rather than with his family. Makes sense I guess, he probably had other important things he had to do before coming here tonight.

I watched the two black cars descend down our ever so long drive way. Once they reached the gates, Ares turned left while his family went right; the two vehicles going different ways.

Where in gods name was he going?

••

Ares

"Can you do me a favor?" I ask Bella, the girl in front of me reminding me of my own sister when she was in her high schooling years.

She nods.

I slant my head to the side, noting the feminine figure in the window atop from us. If it wasn't for the dim lighting of a lamp in the background giving her away, perhaps then I wouldn't of seen her eavesdropping.

I lean in closer to Bella, whispering. "Tell your sister that she sucks at hiding."

"Yeah. I will."