Chapter 3: Why Me

Laura's POV
Today was a very wierd and kinda happy day for me because Seth Wilson had a conversation with me like WTF and that he needed my help with an assignment. It was honestly a pleasure to be known as a smartass🥺🤗.
While I was helping my bully (Dave) do his assignments Seth came to me and asked for my help with a Literature text. I was really shocked that of all people to meet it was me but nonetheless I explained all about the book to him and explained the meaning of some words. I have to admit Shakespeare's English is wired but I learnt it.
While teaching him I noticed he was looking at me rather than the book, I blushed due to the intensity of his state but I'm sure he didn't see it because I faced the book down, later when I finished he said a quick thank you and bye then ran up to his room .
As I got back home my dad hugged me really tightly telling me how much he missed me. I am so lucky to have a dad like him, he is so caring, understanding and also a good counsellor. But I can't say that about my mom she is like the opposite of him. My family is not like those jolly ones you see in movies my family is divided into two: the good and the evil. The good are me and dad while the evil, well we already know them my mom and Claudia . My mom and dad are getting divorced actually and how did I find out ; well my mom being careless as always left the papers on the dining table and layer on I heard dad talking to her over the phone about what his lawyer said about the property . But knowing about it was one of the happiest days of my life.
My mom is the fashionista kind of person who didn't care about kids well technically me because she thinks I'm too nerdy and that I embarras her everywhere I go so I grew up liking my dad while Claudia loved mom.
David: how Is my little princess ( he loves calling me that ever since I was a toddler)
Laura: dad I'm not a baby anymore but fine anyways.
David: well you might not be a baby but you are my baby ( he says as he drags my cheek)
David: well I've been wanting to tell you something ( he figdets a little)
Laura: well what is it? ( I ask)
The next day
As I walk down the corridor towards the library I remember what my dad told me about him divorcing my mom and that he already has a girlfriend that even mom has hers . I can't believe my mom was going to turn gay after giving birth to two children like who does that, but well according to him one of us would have to leave the house for the other. But I don't want to leave Crescent yet I love this town. My dad has given me a few days to think about us leaving.
I enter the library and move to literature section, I live this part so much, then I move to my favourite shelf to garb a book. As I get it and keep walking to my safe haven, I see a shadow beside me and as I look to my side I realised it was a chest then I look up only to be met by a pair of beautiful green orbs sorry I mean eyes. They are just too beautiful to look away from. Suddenly I realised I've been staring then I realised it was Seth and he was really beaming at me and those dimples look cute on him, wait simple! Wow! I've never really seen him smile so much probably because I've changed my lenses. They were formally soft multifocal but now they are minus power lenses.
Seth: hi
( Gosh what will I say, say something! Say something!)
Laura: oh h....iiii
What are you doing here ( I asked immediately surprised about what my mouth just said)
Seth: good question, well I was hoping if you could help me with some school work like I would love to be and A student and be in the honor's class, I want to be better than I am now.
( To say I was shocked would be an understatement I was stunned like literarily. Seth Wilson came to ask me to be his tutor to improve his grades, like seriously🤯?)
Seth: pls just say yes, I would be so happy , infact we can make a deal
Laura: what deal
Seth: well you could help me get better grades and U could help you with your bullies like you won't get bullied for life
( I see but there is one question ringing in my head so I ask him)
Laura: why me?

Hi guys sorry for not updating sooner I've been really busy with work and I've barely had time to update . But I promise I'll try hard to continue. Love ya💝💝💞🎊