And I realised when I came back the lights were not dim any more they were on, a sigh slipped through my lips. As much as I said no this is what I preferred I just didn't want to ask too much of him. This was definitely so much better but it also didn't seem ...right. I didn't think the Viking man knew what a kind gesture was even if it hit him in the face. I felt relief immediately flood through my body, I had a better chance of being able to sleep now- not that I was sleepy anymore- but a better chance.

"Thank you." I said. I think my mind was still trying to comprehend everything that just happened. I thought I would be a little embarrassed about what just transpired and I had already told myself there was nothing to be embarrassed about I mean he wasn't embarrassed in anyway about killing people so why should I be embarrassed about my issues but that wasn't what made me feel comfortable- unbelievably so it was the Viking man, he managed to make me feel comfortable in more ways than one.

"I'm sorry about that."

"Don't be. I should have never let you watch that movie." I wasn't going to say anything because now I had bigger problems I had no sleep left and If I wasn't sleeping than I didn't see the need for him to be sleeping.

"So- why did you make me wear that chain?" I asked wondering about it, he wasn't so strict about it anymore now that I had basically 'moved in.' I wanted to laugh at the traumatising sad thought.

"So people are aware of who you are to me." He said, as his hand rubbed slow soothing circles around my back. Undoubtedly so it helped - I wasn't sure yet with what but it soothed me.

"I really like your hair." I said hesitantly touching it. I wasn't lying about it, it was a site to see.

"I noticed that every single one of your brothers have long hair, does everyone just like long hair or maybe it's a 'gangster ' thing." I said chuckling before clearing my throat when I noticed he was looking at me before repeatedly clarifying that I was joking.

"Thank you love- a gesture we decided to do for mother when she lost her grandchild." He said making me peek up at him. There was no trace of sorrow on his eyes or face.

I needed to understand him.

"W-what -what happened?" I asked hesitantly not knowing if he would tell me, maybe he would think I was too 'curious'.

"A woman tried fool us, and then tried to disappear."

"Where is she now?" I asked my brows knitted together.

"Dead." My heart dropped at the word alone but after realisation it started pounding. I don't think Lachlan has ever lied to me and I don't think he ever will he was too much of a psychopath to care whether I thought he was right or wrong all I knew was that he would get his way no matter what. I was trying by all means to act like this was just a normal conversation and that nothing was wrong.

"Did she- um- did she die of natural causes?" I asked hoping for the best my voice small and hesitant, a chuckle vibrating his chest almost making me jump, I was already so deep into my thoughts. I chose to look at everything another way giving him the benefit of the doubt but even so deep down I knew better.

"I cut her to pieces." I stopped for a minute asking myself why am I so surprised it's not like I didn't already know that he murders people, I still couldn't help the shock. I don't know why but I have seemed to forget that the man was a stone cold killer.

"Why kill her and then mourn."

"It's not the woman we are mourning love."

"Who did she-who was she with?" I hated the words coming out of my mouth but I had to be realistic and I just assumed he wasn't the only crazy one. He softly chuckled at my question.