"Really? Gosh, I could of sworn you were in freshman not so long ago."

She nods, tucking another piece of hair behind her ear.

I pour me a drink of Moscato, filling it to the brim and my dad gives me a look. "What?" I mouth, taking a quick and large gulp of it to make my glass seem empty and at the proper drinking amount. "Better?" I mouth. He shakes his head with a smile, returning to his conversation.

I turn my view back to the two in front of me and their eyes were both on me, I stop in mid air; my glass paused on my lips as I stare between the two.

"See?" Bella snorts a laugh, giggling away. My eyes turn into thin slits as I glare at her, gulping down the rest of my drink and wiping my bottom lip with my thumb afterwards.

"Yes, I see." He replies but my attention was now elsewhere.

"Let's get this dinner going, shall we?" My father claps his hands, taking his seat after everyone else found their spots around the table.

••

This is torture. Literal torture! It hasn't even been longer than half an hour and I already want to kill myself right here, right now. He's playing a dangerous game and he knows it.
Every time I've tried to speak or share my response to something, he seems to always have something to say; therefore interrupting me.

I was glaring at him at this exact moment, looking him up and down while thinking of the many fun ways I could kill him. He was staring back at me, a smirk playing on the edge of his lips. He's enjoying this.

"So as we all know, Rhea and Matteo are soon to be married, so it's great that we start to come together more as one big family."

Family. Fuck off.

I scoff, a little too loudly. "Ginevra, is something wrong?" Yes. Something is very much wrong! But did I actually say that?—

"No." Biting back my tongue, I turn back to face the asshole that had a full on evident smirk across his face. Breath, Ginevra. Breath.

"I really hope that we can all get along, since we'll all be seeing each other more frequently."

Yes, yes. Because of that lovely marriage that's connecting us together.

"Not only through the link of our two families, but also through shared assignments which I would like to thank Ares for agreeing to help and be apart of."

Sorry, what?

"What?" I speak up and I was surprised the asshole didn't cut me off this time.

My dad gave me an apologetic expression, and just by that look, I knew everything. "You're giving him my assignment, aren't you?" I deadpan.

My father doesn't reply. "Aren't you?" I repeat. "Say someth—"

"Joint sharing." The voice I've been despising this entire dinner spoke up. "We'll both be running it together. Except, you'll be directed under me."

Scoffing, I laugh. "This is a joke, right? You want me, to work with him." I point, disregarding everyone else that was witnessing this.